Water, water everywhere...

stewart

Visit site
I'm spending the next month at anchor in Ibiza and everything is fine except the water tanks only hold enough for 2-3 days with 4 people on board. What's the best way to go about refilling, presumably the fueling quay won't be happy at me turning up and not buying fuel every couple of days? I know that staying out for long period isn't really a motorboat thing (what all these yachties do apparently!)...and what about washing the boat occaisonally?
Thanks

jerryat

Visit site
Hi Stewart,

Yes, it's a problem there. We used to use the dinghy and four 5 gall containers to get our water there and were only once asked to pay. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Having said that, it does appear your 'needs' are greater than usual so, as has been mentioned, some discipline seems in order. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Alternatively, why not do as we did when we had a couple of 'high-usage' friends visit. We got them to fetch the water. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Strangely, consumptiom plummeted, so worth a try!!!

Cheers Jerry

D

Deleted User YDKXO

This is indeed a problem especially if you're in and out of the sea as everybody wants to shower about 5 times a day. We had the same dilemna in and around Ibiza last year and ended up staying every 3rd night in a marina mainly to take on water. You can sneak water from most fuel quays when they're closed but they're often full up with moored boats at this time. One tactic we tried a couple of times last year in Botafoch was to pull up next to the big boat quay and ask very nicely to use somebody's water hose although a German woman in a boat worth more than the GDP of most African countries did ask me for €15 for the privelege. Bitch. Obviously, you also have to make sure you that you fill up with water every time you stop for fuel