Warning from VisitMyHarbour about Marine Navigator

Plum

Visit site
As I said on post #53, if you want to use Marine Navigator app you can either, if you are using the Play Store version, disable the PlayStore app before opening Marine Navigator, or, remove the PlayStore version of MN and buy a new Marine Navigator app from Visit My Harbour website or from London Chartplotters.

Www.solocoastalsailing.co.uk

Sticky Fingers

Visit site
marine navs google prolems had nothing at all to do with compliance to android 10 or any other version.. Google insisted tracking was intrusive, no exeptions for marine plotters. Instead of caving in, like everyone else, google was told to shove it! Google do not own or control android.although they try.Thats why my oem app is not affected, and will install and work onAny version 4 to 13 plus.. A public version, also unnafected is availble from v.m.h.Steve
Well that was a grown up and thoughtful response.

Refueler

Visit site
Not for me it don't. I find it useless. . I bought my Garmin 95 ?? on the understanding that I could plot a course below in the comfort of the cabin then send it to the plotter on deck. I first had to up date to a newer, I Pad which caught me unawares. Still does not work, whatever I try.
Fortunately I have a Yeoman plotter & if I need to plot a courses I use that to send to an old garmin 152 that has a repeater on deck.

Its crap system !! How Garmin can even start to say its good defeats me ... no-one else has such crap ... first create - then upload to Garmin 'cloud?' ... then process to download to plotter .. I still sit here not quite sure of the steps - having to use manual to guide through it ...

I understand that Active Capt can provide updates - connection to Garmin community ... but boy oh boy .. what a heap of 'crap' ....

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Not for me it don't. I find it useless. . I bought my Garmin 95 ?? on the understanding that I could plot a course below in the comfort of the cabin then send it to the plotter on deck. I first had to up date to a newer, I Pad which caught me unawares. Still does not work, whatever I try.
Fortunately I have a Yeoman plotter & if I need to plot a courses I use that to send to an old garmin 152 that has a repeater on deck.
Must have been a very old iPad, one of my android tablets is probably 10 years old. Personally, i wouldn't buy an iPad to run nav software, it runs perfectly well on an Android tablet costing £100 or so, i just bought a brand new 10.4" tablet for £127

Active Captain can be a bit clunky sometimes, but it does work when you get the hang of it. You need to be connected to the plotter via wifi to sync waypoints, routes etc

Daydream believer

Visit site
Must have been a very old iPad, one of my android tablets is probably 10 years old. Personally, i wouldn't buy an iPad to run nav software, it runs perfectly well on an Android tablet costing £100 or so, i just bought a brand new 10.4" tablet for £127

Active Captain can be a bit clunky sometimes, but it does work when you get the hang of it. You need to be connected to the plotter via wifi to sync waypoints, routes etc
Connecting the WIFI is a work of art in itself :eek:

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Its crap system !! How Garmin can even start to say its good defeats me ... no-one else has such crap ... first create - then upload to Garmin 'cloud?' ... then process to download to plotter .. I still sit here not quite sure of the steps - having to use manual to guide through it ...
That isn't how it works, no "cloud" involved. If the tablet/phone is set to sync any routes or waypoints that you create on the tablet get sent to the plotter by wifi. You obviously need the plotter on and connected to the tablet.

I can passage plan on the 40" TV using OpenCPN, save the gpx file and email it to myself, when i open it on my phone or tablet it gets automatically sent to the plotter
I understand that Active Capt can provide updates - connection to Garmin community ... but boy oh boy .. what a heap of 'crap' ....
The software update process is certainly clunky, although it does work, all of my devices are fully up to date and i get chart updates too. Could definitely do with some work in this area.

Daydream believer

Visit site

I bought the latest Ipad at the time because they are really the best. Also my family all have them & I can ring my son up & ask for help with any problem I have. I wanted it, not only for connecting to the Garmin, but for weather, connecting to marina WIFI, plus using the data sim card etc.
As for connecting automatically. - You have me there. I have to ponce about with passwords etc before I can even get connected. That takes several goes to start with. Usually I have to get within 1 metre of the plotter to do that.

Last edited: