Walton Backwaters Anchorages

Elemental

Visit site
Hi all,

Will be sailing next weekend with some friends who aren't really boaty people (yet). I'd like to take them somewhere where we can anchor overnight but still be within dinghy distance of a landing spot we can walk to a pub for dinner. I've been to Stone Point a few times (lovely place) but haven't a clue about where to go in the tender to get to a pub (we generally prefer to eat on the boat). Are there any other anchorages in the Backwaters that would do?

Cheers

Mark

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
Not really.....

You can get to the wildfowlers pier up Bramble creek and walk to the pub from there, but its not one for a weekend with non sailors onboard, and needs the right tides and timings....

Suggest that you try the Deben and the Ramsholt arms instead perhaps?

Elemental

Visit site
Thanks for that.

Off to Ramsholt with other non-boaty friends this weekend ...

Maybe we'll just persuade them that my culinary efforts are better (and maybe try a BBQ on the beach) if the weathers up to it.

Mark

mormargh

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

You can get to the wildfowlers pier up Bramble creek and walk to the pub from there....

[/ QUOTE ]

Neil, some further info on this would be welcomed.

Phoenix of Hamble

mishapsandmemories.blogspot.com
If you go up Bramble Creek, and follow the first cut round to Port, there is a landing stage that is owned by a wildfowling club. I'm led to believe that its OK to use it out of hunting season.

You can walk to the pub at Great Oakley from there apparently, although I'll add that I haven't done so, and it looks to be about 2 miles

Be aware that the pier dries to nearly 2m, so timing is everything!