Visitors Moorings at Tenby?

Anwen

Visit site
I seem to recall reading in PBO or YM that Tenby harbour have installed some visitors moorings for this summer. Does anyone know if this is the case, or even better, have used them in anger? If not, will have to use the... gulp... anchor.

Csail

N/A
Visit site
Not as far as i know, but we have had some well 'rocky' nights there! If you do anchor i would go close to the lifeboat slip (obviously out of the way)

donm

Visit site
A friend of mine keeps his boat in Tenby and insists that there are visitor's moorings, although they are not well marked! Probably best to call ahead?

bluedragon

Visit site
Yes, there are two visitor buoys on the far RHS of the deep water moorings as you're approaching from the East. They are not marked, but are red buoys with metal hard-eyes on the top (no line). There is also a Tenby SC mooring in the same area. These are the last buoys on the line. There is room to anchor between them and the point if taken. Yes, it's rolly but the holding seems good. At HW it's a long row in the dinghy to the harbour, so most use an outboard. The mooring charge is £10 per night which is a bit steep for no harbour facilities onshore (showers, etc, at the SC), but the Hbr Master is very helpful (if you can actually find him!!).

bluedragon

Visit site
Sorry, do mean the dinghy or the boat? If the latter, against the wall (but can be full)...or maybe the H.Master can suggest a drying mooring if you can take to the ground. If the dinghy, the spot we usually use is the slipway just to the RHS of the S.C. There are various other places though, or on the beach if on a falling tide.

Anwen

Visit site
Thanks for the replies gang. It will really depend on the sea state as to whether we go this weekend (sorry if I hit a nerve Blue Dragon) as a night on a lumpy mooring won't go down well with SWMBO. Depending on the wind, we may come down to Cardiff for the festival. This has the added attraction of being sheltered, but I'm guessing there may be a distinct lack of room...