Toerail fairlead

PabloPicasso

Visit site
Anyone know wherw I could get a toerail mounted fairlead. See pic. Its aluminium and 6"inches long.
IMG_20240414_193009.jpg
Most fairlead have vertical bolt holes for deck fitting. I need horizontal bolt through.

Thanks all

Attachments

• IMG_20240414_163558.jpg
    IMG_20240414_163558.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 12

superboots

Visit site
I have a pair designed to fit the same toerail but closed with side rollers I was going to fit to my Moody which has long since been sold. You can buy new but are very expensive. If you don't find any others you can pm me but I am away for some time

rogerthebodger

Visit site
MIDDLE FAIRLEAD FOR TOE RAIL 823 - International Boat Spares

middle-fairlead-for-toe-rail-823.jpg

Iliade

Shoreham - up the river without a paddle.
www.airworks.co.uk
Mine are closed loops and don't like being loaded by rope from above. Hence I got a local stainless steel smith to fabricate one in s/s for me. He sand blasted it and it was a perfectly adequate visual match for the original and a lot stronger.

Ones like yours would be pretty easy to cut from a solid block of aluminium. Woodworking tools generally suffice.

Worst case, it is not rocket science to cast and anodise your own...

Refueler

Visit site
Not the same but a few here.:-
toe rail fairlead - Google Suche

I like the Osculati roller versions .....

I have plain fairleads in my fwd toerails and I have already had a chafed line through port side ......

YDJW1nb.jpg

I had 'hose-pipe' protectors but they wouldn't stay in place ...

I'm thinking about fitting folding cleats to outer side of toerails ...

Last edited:

Daydream believer

Visit site
Fairleads can be more trouble than they are worth. I tend to lead any ropes straight over the side from the cleats. There is less chance of chafe & less squeeking when moored in a rolly pontoon berth. Of course, if the rail is timber, then wear on the timber can look unsightly, so best avoided

ricardio

Visit site
Refueler
"I had 'hose-pipe' protectors but they wouldn't stay in place ..."
Three hefty cable ties on the line at 120 degree spacing just below the hose pipe will keep it in place. Particularly good for lines left permanently on the pontoon at your home berth.

Refueler

Visit site
Refueler
"I had 'hose-pipe' protectors but they wouldn't stay in place ..."
Three hefty cable ties on the line at 120 degree spacing just below the hose pipe will keep it in place. Particularly good for lines left permanently on the pontoon at your home berth.

The pipes were quickly added when I first brought the boat over ... then we had a storm go through and line parted ..

As to what we do as a more standard measure - is still being worked out as I may not use that berth again .. I may choose the Baltic Moor section of the 'Marina' ....

The cleat / fairlead / toerail design of the boat is not the best ... if you look back at the picture posted ...

Martin_J

Visit site
Those IBS ones and all of the other photos above seem to show fairleads that need the horizontal deck part of the toerail removing as well (since they form the deck part as well as the upright.

In the original post, I see that the cutout is only needed on the vertical part of the toerail...

Last edited:

Martin_J

Visit site
The Moody Owners forum seems to suggest they were made by SL Yachting, based near Chichester. Their website doesn't really work but others have had luck contacting them via Facebook..

1714034678573.png