The Forum Burgee.

l'escargot

Visit site
A great way forward, no debate required, let's do it! :encouragement:

If there is going to be any sense of ownership to this then debate is needed and it needs to be across the forums, not just in one, otherwise you risk it being seen as something that just belongs to a small group on the motorboat forum. Perhaps some YBW input/recognition might be useful?

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Does any body have a photo of the Ensign Flags offering?

Ah I think I've found one,

6D4ECBA9-31CD-4A30-AFFD-2A4730A128D7-1247-0000038247BA42AF_zpsf99d637d.jpg

Looks pretty good to me.

What a horrible mess.

hlb

RIP
Visit site
Imho ... the only thing that doesn't sit well with the original was somebody decided if you were good enough to have one which could exclude those who are shy about writing on the forum but are sociable in real life, or perhaps someone who's written word doesn't do themselves justice etc etc.

That's ridiculous, no one ever got refused, nor was there any inquisition.Besides I did not make the rules. It was done by consensus of the forum.
The only thing you had to do was to ask for one, that's not so hard is it??

The original one was £15 and it would not be much different today. the new one which has no where near the amount of work in it, is over £30.

The difference is.........................You had to help a little, rather than me doing all the work.

laika

Visit site
Do I not recall Pete when organising the first new batch (from which I bagged one) rhetorically asking who has martini glasses on a sailing boat? Personally as a non-elitist westerly-sailing scumbag hippie cocktail drinker I keep the Dartington ones well padded in a locker and have the Habitat ones for fast access.

The thing on the cocktail stick in the current design looks a little too round for an olive though. Is the beverage supposed to be a Gibson?

D

Deleted User YDKXO

I think the forum needs to reconcile the two issues of tradition and change. We commend this suggestion to the house for reasoned debate to try and achieve a consensus.
For me, the old design is still an excellent design (although I had no part in designing at the time) and I don't see the necessity for a different design. Having a different design would just cause confusion because some people would still be flying the old design and some the new. I don't know about anyone else but I wouldn't bother buying a new design of burgee when I've got one flying on the boat already and one spare. As I said previously, the only changes I would like to see are a toggle sewn into string at the top and a larger size as the current size does look a bit lost in all the gubbins attached to my radar arch at least

Cardo

www.yacht-tinkerbell.co.uk
Do I not recall Pete when organising the first new batch (from which I bagged one) rhetorically asking who has martini glasses on a sailing boat? Personally as a non-elitist westerly-sailing scumbag hippie cocktail drinker I keep the Dartington ones well padded in a locker and have the Habitat ones for fast access.

The thing on the cocktail stick in the current design looks a little too round for an olive though. Is the beverage supposed to be a Gibson?

I have polycarbonate martini/cocktail glasses onboard. :D

henryf

www.911virgin.com
For me, the old design is still an excellent design (although I had no part in designing at the time) and I don't see the necessity for a different design. Having a different design would just cause confusion because some people would still be flying the old design and some the new. I don't know about anyone else but I wouldn't bother buying a new design of burgee when I've got one flying on the boat already and one spare. As I said previously, the only changes I would like to see are a toggle sewn into string at the top and a larger size as the current size does look a bit lost in all the gubbins attached to my radar arch at least

You wouldn't need to purchase another burgee Mike. If your current ones deteriorated replacements would be available. A secondary burgee more openly supporting the ybw forum would be offered to those who wanted it and it might offer a cheaper alternative. The consensus amongst mouse burgee owners is they want to see quality revived. The latest proposal is a win win for everyone. Traditionalists keep their original design only it's readily available and first class quality. The toggle request has been duly noted and I don't think you are the first to ask, or have you asked several times ?

You could even treat yourself to a window sticker !

Henry :)

Cardo

www.yacht-tinkerbell.co.uk
You wouldn't need to purchase another burgee Mike. If your current ones deteriorated replacements would be available. A secondary burgee more openly supporting the ybw forum would be offered to those who wanted it and it might offer a cheaper alternative. The consensus amongst mouse burgee owners is they want to see quality revived. The latest proposal is a win win for everyone. Traditionalists keep their original design only it's readily available and first class quality. The toggle request has been duly noted and I don't think you are the first to ask, or have you asked several times ?

You could even treat yourself to a window sticker !

Henry :)

Have you thought about adding a toggle?

tinkicker0

Visit site
Posted a big pic of the original burgee on a separate thread to avoid spoiling this thread for everyone. You can see the excellent quality of the original over the new offering from the new supplier as posted elsewhere on this thread.

Sara - windscreen sticker an excellent idea. :)

mersey

Visit site
. A secondary burgee more openly supporting the ybw forum would be offered to those who wanted it

You may call it a "secondary burgee", but it's not really is it? It's an 'unofficial' burgee, that is produced with the only the support of a small subset of the people who have commented and/or voted, and you have openly said you have taken the unilateral decision to produce.

The original was produced with consensus, there is no consensus for your 'unofficial' burgee.

Your offer to also produce the original burgee, does not in any way add to the legitimacy of your burgee.

oGaryo

Visit site
You may call it a "secondary burgee", but it's not really is it? It's an 'unofficial' burgee, that is produced with the only the support of a small subset of the people who have commented and/or voted, and you have openly said you have taken the unilateral decision to produce.

The original was produced with consensus, there is no consensus for your 'unofficial' burgee.

Your offer to also produce the original burgee, does not in any way add to the legitimacy of your burgee.

ya de ya de ya de blah, change happens, get used to it :)

Borg.jpeg