Thank you all.

applepip

Visit site
Thank you all - for your answers - your comments - to previouse postings.
You have all been very helpfull.

We have now got our eye on a Bavaria 40
1 My daughter will have the forward part of the boat. This will give her "her space".
My wife and myself will then have one of the rear cabins.
2 We are going for space first as we are not sailors yet. It is just the mode of transport we need.
We will be making a move on this purchase 19 March therefore any further comments please.
Ta Terry

<hr width=100% size=1>

temptress

gbr195t.com
Good luck to you and welcome to the sailing world.

40 ft is very big for a first boat. I would get some lessons on boat handling once you get her as she will be difficult to moor in strong winds.

<hr width=100% size=1>Temptress of Down
Southsea Marina
Hants
UK

Visit site
Tip:

Yes let her young-ladyship have the "owners suite". The port stern cabin is by far the warmest place on the boat since, both stern cabins being next to the engine and opening the side panel will allow a huge waft of warmed air in, but also, the calorifier is under the head of the bunk in this cabin giving it just the edge on comfort. Unless it has heating, invest in a hot water bottle for missie.

Steve Cronin

<hr width=100% size=1>The above is, like any other post here, only a personal opinion

slavkod

Visit site
Hi,

we have Bavaria 40 Ocean. If you need any help please send e-mail or post a question. In April we start our MED 6 month cruising.

Slavko

<hr width=100% size=1>

A

Anonymous

>>We are going for space first as we are not sailors yet. It is just the mode of transport we need.<<

Have you considered a motor boat or a motor-sailer? Most people only spend a tiny proportion of the time actually at sea and you get more space inside per foot in a motor boat. You could well find that your overall cost of running (including all the charges that are per foot) is far less with a motor boat even after paying for fuel. Also, you don't need to learn about the 'sailing' aspect of seamanship.

Nevertheless, I don't wish to understate the amount to be learnt and the experience needed to go to sea in any boat, be it motor or sail.

<hr width=100% size=1>

slavkod

Visit site
My boat ia in Marina Izola in Slovenia. There is our home as well. Me and my wife will sail to Greece on 15th of April, Will stay there until October.

Slavko

<hr width=100% size=1>