Tender .. Launch / Retrieval

JAR

Visit site
Hi All,

Before I kick off, I've read some great threads over the last few weeks since joining, learnt a lot in a short period of time its a great forum guys and girls.

Looking for an easy way to launch a tender off my newly extended bathing platform(pics attached) extended because i didn't want to use snap davits and have to remove outboard, it will accomodate a 2.7m walker bay with a 15hp mariner. (touch overpowered thanks to the forum):)

i dont want a crane or passerelle as i boat in the UK.

and the only thing i've come across is

The hurley system .. http://www.hurleymarine.com/Davit.html
and
The Dinghy Ramp .. http://www.dinghyramp.com/

the concept of both i like, but both are not stainless and the Hurley system doesn't look up to the job.

I'm thinking of custom (contacts welcomed) but wondered if anyone may have found something ?

Thanks

Pennpromo

Visit site
Dinghy Recovery System

Johnny,
Patience! We will have drawings for you of a dinghy ramp alternative in a few days. Will only need to be screwed through the deck with large self tapping screws, no reinforcement needed.
SIMON

gjgm

Visit site
just expect your friendly marina staff to come round with their tape measure and request some extra berthing fees...

mjf

w.london - boat on solent- RIB on Tidal Thames
Visit site
Hi

My system might work for you.

I have two teak chocks mounted on two S/S U shaped bars.At the outboard end these attach to two hinged brackets (that can themselves be stowed away in the swim platform locker) In your case the brackets could simply be mounted on the back of the platform. Bit like the ones you refer to above but much nicer to look at and robust too.

Launch is easy as the boat just tips off into the ogin - recovery is simple come alongside the platform with the chocks vertical ; ease the tube up and over the chocks and pull in. Boat and chocks swing down onto swim platform. Web rachet straps complete the security with nice S/S 'eyes' on the transom and back of swim platform

JAR

Visit site
Johnny,
Patience! We will have drawings for you of a dinghy ramp alternative in a few days. Will only need to be screwed through the deck with large self tapping screws, no reinforcement needed.
SIMON

Simon apologies just keen and looking for advice from a wider audience I know I'm in safe hands .. Also a chance to post some pic's ! :D:D

JAR

Visit site
Wow,

Lovely Job on the swim Platform extension! Is that a Sunsseker Camargue?

Not sure what to do with the RIB but a cracking Job...well done to the craftsman who did it..

Paul

Portofino 400 .. Big shout to OSMOTECH who made it look original and have a nothing is too much trouble attitude they have look after the whole refit ( been four months now) Jim Hurst has been outstanding ... Will post pics once complete and in the water . End May. .. Thanks

JAR

Visit site
Hi

I have two teak chocks mounted on two S/S U shaped bars.At the outboard end these attach to two hinged brackets (that can themselves be stowed away in the swim platform locker) In your case the brackets could simply be mounted on the back of the platform. Bit like the ones you refer to above but much nicer to look at and robust too.

Launch is easy as the boat just tips off into the ogin - recovery is simple come alongside the platform with the chocks vertical ; ease the tube up and over the chocks and pull in. Boat and chocks swing down onto swim platform. Web rachet straps complete the security with nice S/S 'eyes' on the transom and back of swim platform

Hi
Have you got any pic's you could send over ?. Much appreciated.
Johnny

crazy4557

Visit site
Hi

You might like to show me too??? I need something for the back of a Princess V40 to mount dinghy.

FFCAM

Visit site
I now have a Sunseeker Camargue and am going through the same process of trying to find a decent Tender Launch Recovery system. What did you go for in the end please? Looks like I will have to get the Hurley B30, to cope with a 2.9m RIB and 10hp engine.

Hi All,

Before I kick off, I've read some great threads over the last few weeks since joining, learnt a lot in a short period of time its a great forum guys and girls.

Looking for an easy way to launch a tender off my newly extended bathing platform(pics attached) extended because i didn't want to use snap davits and have to remove outboard, it will accomodate a 2.7m walker bay with a 15hp mariner. (touch overpowered thanks to the forum):)

i dont want a crane or passerelle as i boat in the UK.

and the only thing i've come across is

The hurley system .. http://www.hurleymarine.com/Davit.html
and
The Dinghy Ramp .. http://www.dinghyramp.com/

the concept of both i like, but both are not stainless and the Hurley system doesn't look up to the job.

I'm thinking of custom (contacts welcomed) but wondered if anyone may have found something ?

Thanks