Summer Sailing on the West Coast

ctva

Visit site
A lovely sail across to Loch Stockinish, no one else here so the YBW burgee is redundant. Dolphins as we left Dunvegan and the sky looking like a good sunset later.
566AA17F-830C-4F8A-908D-0681F31BAC6D.jpeg
87950FDC-5399-46B2-970E-3F767054E8F9.jpeg

zoidberg

Visit site
We like playing a game called "How many signs saying who won the Battle of the Boyne can you find in the castle?" I think we got to twelve. Oddly enough, none of them say "The side supported by the Pope".

Is this political? Off wi' his head!

zoidberg

Visit site
As the bottle of merlot is near-empty, and there's no excommunication for 'thread drift' yet, I'd chust like to remind Honourable Tcheuchters of what they're missiing....

51270792975_9a517c26d8_c.jpg

And no midges....

:cool:

zoidberg

Visit site
Not at all. Just suggesting an interesting game to play when visiting a popular Northern Irish marina by boat.

My maternal grandfather, I'm told, was notorious for being 'the first to jump through the Lambeg Drum' - frequently. They have long memories in those parts, and I don't go within 100 miles of Carrickfergus.

ctva

Visit site
As the bottle of merlot is near-empty, and there's no excommunication for 'thread drift' yet, I'd chust like to remind Honourable Tcheuchters of what they're missiing....

51270792975_9a517c26d8_c.jpg

And no midges....

Maybe nae midges but that anchorage looks crowed! Two boats… ?

penfold

Visit site
Sailed round the sugar boat today, none of these exotic locales for me. The firth was deserted for some reason; was it something I said?

Iliade

Shoreham - up the river without a paddle.
www.airworks.co.uk
<snip>

And no midges....

No, no no! Tell them about the unbelievably treacherous crossing strewn with unmarked pots and shipwrecks, the five seasons in every day (in particular the 11:00 snowstorm.) the killer puffins, sandflies, hidden rocks, outrageous anchoring fees and quarantine hospitals.

awol

Visit site
No, no no! Tell them about the unbelievably treacherous crossing strewn with unmarked pots and shipwrecks, the five seasons in every day (in particular the 11:00 snowstorm.) the killer puffins, sandflies, hidden rocks, outrageous anchoring fees and quarantine hospitals.
A post after my own heart! I do not understand the desire to encourage others to enter one's own pleasure spots and spoil what makes them good.
Sorry! Ahem, I was wearing two guernseys and was still getting windchill. The dog complained of hunger.
That's much better. (y)