Summer Sailing on the West Coast

bikedaft

Visit site
Sailed round the sugar boat today, none of these exotic locales for me. The firth was deserted for some reason; was it something I said?
I thonk i saw you - it was v quiet... (I went for a row earlier, but saw a yacht with sails up by Captyannis about 1130/midday - no one else was out, was lovely...)

JumbleDuck

Visit site
My maternal grandfather, I'm told, was notorious for being 'the first to jump through the Lambeg Drum' - frequently. They have long memories in those parts, and I don't go within 100 miles of Carrickfergus.
zUTqG3o.png

penfold

Visit site
I have difficulty suppressing a wry smile when I see the Beeb forecast of wet and windy over the bottom of the UK while the remainder part is bathed in sun and clement zephyrs. Must be a moral there!
The moral is; don't tell people how nice terrible it is up here, they might won't investigate and find out for themselves.

ctva

Visit site
Look, why don’t we just close the borders and stop all foreigners from despoiling our idilic cruising grounds ( sorry, Mr Penfold, the sugar boat is not idyllic. Maybe a bit interesting in a shipspotter kind of way).

So less of the Fred drift, sitting here in Tarbert Marina on Harris, enjoying a post sundowner, malt at 22.50 in the daylight, having had a lovey evening chatting to other random yotties here. Its great here and the marina is fantastic. Just to annoy the southern YBWers, it’s £2/m inc elec, and all facilities and there is a gin distillery at the pier head, whats not to like…?
BBEFD86A-C526-400A-A10C-EDE161BE3707.jpeg

ps,
I thonk i saw you…
Allo’ allo’?

Quandary

Visit site
When you do (if ever) decide to return you will be gratified to know that the canal is now admitting Bellanoch residents at Crinan on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

wully1

Visit site
The moral is; don't tell people how nice terrible it is up here, they might won't investigate and find out for themselves.

Most folk wont put in the effort to get here - the ones that do are the kind of folk you'll be happy to meet...

(those that get delivery crew to park their yacht here for their holidaze are to be avoided of course. Mind you - if you don't got to marinas you'll likely never meet them :) )

awol

Visit site
When you do (if ever) decide to return you will be gratified to know that the canal is now admitting Bellanoch residents at Crinan on Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Oh bu**er! I had forgotten the loony schedule. I had cunning plans to satisfy domestic requirements and get the boat from the Clyde to Oban for the Round Mull Race which had a plan B of Wednesday through the Crinan Canal to be in Oban on Thursday night. Looks like Plan A of yet another trip round the MoK - at least the midges won't get me.

SaltIre

Visit site
Look, why don’t we just close the borders and stop all foreigners from despoiling our idilic cruising grounds ( sorry, Mr Penfold, the sugar boat is not idyllic. Maybe a bit interesting in a shipspotter kind of way).

So less of the Fred drift, sitting here in Tarbert Marina on Harris, enjoying a post sundowner, malt at 22.50 in the daylight, having had a lovey evening chatting to other random yotties here. Its great here and the marina is fantastic. Just to annoy the southern YBWers, it’s £2/m inc elec, and all facilities and there is a gin distillery at the pier head, whats not to like…?
View attachment 117990
I just love the low profile split pins in your bottlescrews.:love: