Summer 2016 where to be ?

ribrage

Visit site
I have a berth sorted for the winter and have started making loose plans for the summer of 2016.

I work 5 weeks on and 5 off so need a "home" port to leave the yacht while I go to work , we were fortunate to find a cheap mooring on mainland Spain that was a good jump off point to explore the Balearics.

We paid €280 per month as opposed to €280 per night in Palma , Leaving the boat in Palma 5 weeks while at work Won't happen !!

We are thinking to do the same from the south of France and visit Corsica , has anyone found a sensible priced berth in south of France or will a berth on Corsica be similarly priced ??

Any info gratefully received.
We are 15x3.5 m by the way.

Ian

concentrik

Visit site
........ a cheap mooring on mainland Spain that was a good jump off point to explore the Balearics.

We paid €280 per month

Ian

I'd be very interested to hear where it is.... please? 280 for 15m is exceptionally cheap!

Carmel2

Visit site
I have a berth sorted for the winter and have started making loose plans for the summer of 2016.

I work 5 weeks on and 5 off so need a "home" port to leave the yacht while I go to work , we were fortunate to find a cheap mooring on mainland Spain that was a good jump off point to explore the Balearics.

We paid €280 per month as opposed to €280 per night in Palma , Leaving the boat in Palma 5 weeks while at work Won't happen !!

We are thinking to do the same from the south of France and visit Corsica , has anyone found a sensible priced berth in south of France or will a berth on Corsica be similarly priced ??

Bastia has regular flights to the mainland, and beyond in the summer.

Bastia has so so flight connections.

Any info gratefully received.

Ian

Look at Macinaggio or Bastia on Corse, you might find a deal, but you will have to do it face to face, I had a permanent berth in Calvi for over 10 years, and you will be pissing the wind to get one of those now, unless you know someone...

Last edited:

BobnLesley

Aground in Yorkshire awaiting a very high tide
Visit site
Very old info (2005) but might be worth an enquiry:

A friend of ours when he lived down that way, put his yacht very economically into the marina at Port du Frioul, on the Isles de Frioul a couple of miles off Marseille. Whilst there are or at least were, regular ferries back & forth It'd be a PIA if you wanted to get back and forth to day-sail, but that'd be far less of a problem if you were only making the crossing once every few weeks; once ashore - if you need to travel for work - Marseille airport was well serviced by all the budget airlines too. As I said, this was a lot of years ago now, but it's probably still worth a look?

ribrage

Visit site
HI

I think we have emailed just about every port or marina and had few replies back , trouble with face to face is I need to secure a berth to leave the yacht when I go back offshore for five weeks... getting there only to be told no isn't really an option , but thanks for the reply.