Studland - MMO Management protocols for the MCZ in place from 17th December

Tranona

Visit site
In Studland perhaps the biggest threat to the seagrass is the early year easterly gales which deposit huge amount of dislodged seagrass on the beach. Of course it is cold and often wet when that happens - not conducive to visits from Ecos! My dogs used to love it.

Boathook

Visit site
In Studland perhaps the biggest threat to the seagrass is the early year easterly gales which deposit huge amount of dislodged seagrass on the beach. Of course it is cold and often wet when that happens - not conducive to visits from Ecos! My dogs used to love it.
I seem to remember that the seahorse hugger used a picture of the stuff piled up after an easterly gale claiming that it was anchor damage.

Tranona

Visit site
I seem to remember that the seahorse hugger used a picture of the stuff piled up after an easterly gale claiming that it was anchor damage.
May well have done. The one who started the cute photos has now turned his attention to sharks - not so cute but dramatic enough to make the Telegraph creature of the day photo recently.

oldharry

Visit site
I feel sorry for the sharks getting all the unwanted attention !
Yes, but they can bite back.... If seahorses were scaled up to shark size they would be almost as dangerous. At their level they are super stealth predators, masters of camouflage and highly lethal to their prey, very far from the cuddly little creatures Disney makes them out to be.

As far as Seahorse Hugger in chief goes, he seems to be increasingly out of favour in the ongoing debate. One can only guess why. The Shark interest comes from Dr Ken Collins who worked with NGM trying to give credibility to their claims. Dr Collins is a shark expert.

Last edited:

Lodestone

Visit site
MAGA - Make Anchoring Go Away. With all the logic and behaviour of Marjorie Taylor Greene the pro-VNAZ lobby ploughs on. "Its not us who have to prove anything it's you!" and woe betide anyone who can actually hoist them on the petard of their own words .
;)

Last edited: