Squadron 78 For Sale

Parabolica

Visit site
Right, that’s the first ten pages of the thread done. I really should do some work now but before i do, can i just ask as i’m desperate to know, did you go through with the white caulking, was is a success after nine years of ownership and would you/are you, doing it again ?

Hooligan

Visit site
The S78 looks lovely and compared to prices of other boats of similar or even older vintage looks a steal. One small comment or opinion re the state of the Forum. Not wishing to get embroiled in what people should or shouldn’t write about but it is a shame that the cruise reports seemed to have stopped and even the past ones seem to be inaccessible any more. When I started boating I really loved these reports and they really helped greatly as we planned our trips and adventures. The Corsica report from JFM I used on my own tour there and now I am in Greece the reports from Hardyme were fantastic and really useful. In fact it is hard to find a cruise report that is neither uninteresting nor one you would not wish to read whether you intended to go there or not. Of course I accept my own culpability here as I have not contributed to cruise reports either so perhaps I should screw up the courage to assume that anyone would be interested. We did a fabulous cruise down to the Southern Peloponnese this year that was stunning for its beauty and relative remoteness.

benjenbav

Visit site
…In fact it is hard to find a cruise report that is neither uninteresting nor one you would not wish to read whether you intended to go there or not. Of course I accept my own culpability here as I have not contributed to cruise reports either so perhaps I should screw up the courage to assume that anyone would be interested. We did a fabulous cruise down to the Southern Peloponnese this year that was stunning for its beauty and relative remoteness.
I’d be interested in that! Plenty of pix; tales of why you’re planning to change the anchor; breakages and fixes; nice places seen and sunsets enjoyed… can’t go wrong! :)

Hurricane

Visit site
I think the cruise reports were better when they each had a thread.
I wasn't intending to add a new report to an old thread anyway - I believe each report deserves its own thread.
After all - isn't that why the forum is set up that way??
We only managed a short cruise this year - weather didn't play ball.
But we did have a few experiences (one a near sinking) that people might benefit from.
I might post something later this week if there is interest.
And I always have photos/videos to go along with the thread.

Bouba

Visit site
I wasn't intending to add a new report to an old thread anyway - I believe each report deserves its own thread.
After all - isn't that why the forum is set up that way??
We only managed a short cruise this year - weather didn't play ball.
But we did have a few experiences (one a near sinking) that people might benefit from.
I might post something later this week if there is interest.
And I always have photos/videos to go along with the thread.
Sounds interesting

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Evening all.

Ah, so you pulled the trigger on a Sanlorenzo

Knowing you hadn't ordered a Princess I was going to have a tenner on SL in the forum sweepstake but you beat me to it. :)

Lots of planning no doubt. Hopefully the factory are bracing themselves. No stone left unturned.....

I shall keep my eyes open, still remember opening night in Swanwick all those years ago. I've never actually stepped aboard a SL but they look interesting. I see Hard 8 on her travels - walked past her on the pontoon whilst doing a charter out of Lymington last week.

All the best.

Henry :)

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Interesting?!? If that's all you have to say about Sanlorenzos, I wonder which other boats you would rate even as just passable... :unsure:
It was a friendly comment to John Who I haven’t seen for a while not a 15 page review. Things might develop into a more insightful piece about Sanlorenzo but I’m not holding my breath based on the snide comments and rabbit warrens of pseudo technical diarrhoea that usually ensue on here.

Alicatt

Visit site
Relax H, my comment was also in good spirit.
You'll forgive me if as a non-EN mother tongue speaker I always try to bear in mind what you guys actually mean, depending on wording choice - as per this well known guide

Ref. not holding your breath and for which reasons, we are exactly on the same page. Were you possibly inspired by my post #33?
Must let my wife read that I'm sure it will help in the little misunderstandings we have ;)

Great to see JFM back (hopefully!) he was the first person to help me when I first visited this site back in 2017 and all I was looking for was a little info on an old Mercury 7.5hp outboard - it went to my eldest son but I don't think he could get the bits to fix it.

Now... about the 2hp Honda I have... ;)

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Relax H, my comment was also in good spirit.
You'll forgive me if as a non-EN mother tongue speaker I always try to bear in mind what you guys actually mean, depending on wording choice - as per this well known guide

Ref. not holding your breath and for which reasons, we are exactly on the same page. Were you possibly inspired by my post #33?
My apologies for the harsh reply. Internet forums are difficult at the best of times, language barriers and a dyslexic poster (me) who can’t remember who everyone is only adds to the confusion. I use lots of smiley face stickers :)

Back to happy things and JFM’s new tub :cool:

Henry