Something missing from this inflatable's floor.

dgadee

Visit site
Wetline 290 came with a boat purchase. Just blown it up. Floor is fabric with a central air sponson. Is there something missing here?

Never seen anything of this sort before. Looks as though an inflatable floor is missing.

Attachments

• IMG_20240612_130103108_1.jpg
    IMG_20240612_130103108_1.jpg
    810.1 KB · Views: 33

Refueler

Visit site
AliExpress has them. 61.66€ 34% OFF|Multi größe Air deck Für 175 360cm Aufblasbare Boot Angeln Kajak/Beiboot/Rudern Drop Stich boden Faltbare Boden (nicht enthalten boot| | - AliExpress

Will measure up and see the cost. It is, as I say, too big for me and I already have a smallish one which is fine.

Actually been looking again .. it was some time since I last looked and there were not many available .. price was a bit steep ! But I see quite a few different now and prices look far better ...

It may have rekindled my interest .. I was wanting one for an Avon Redcrest.

Bagbog

Visit site
i'm not sure that is for an air deck. our ally floor honwave has a very similar sausage under the floor boards. the transom in the photo has a batton that looks like it's for holding down similar floor boards. I think it is for older style solid ally or wooden floor boards.

Actually.. looks like i'm talking rubbish. looks like an air deck boat. i bet you could make wooden boards to fit though.

Last edited:

dgadee

Visit site
i'm not sure that is for an air deck. our ally floor honwave has a very similar sausage under the floor boards. the transom in the photo has a batton that looks like it's for holding down similar floor boards. I think it is for older style solid ally or wooden floor boards.
I wondered about that, too, but I spoke to the previous owner and he said it was an air deck.

Supertramp

Visit site
Looks very like the floor in my old Zodiac which has 5 wooden floorboards made of ply. It can be used without and is much lighter without the boards - its ok to row like that. If I wanted to replace my boards I think I could DIY it although I would need marine ply.

Refueler

Visit site
Was in small boat shop today - as CA HLR - I help boaters who come here ... and saw a nifty idea .... instead of heavy ply boards as in my Avon .. replacement covered foam boards !! I doubt they can withstand weight without water support ... but if they work - the weight saving is hugfe !

Bagbog

Visit site
Would it not be better to link the page here so we could actually go to the page direct instead of having to type the address given in pictures ?
probably right... i just took a screen grab for example images. Reason i googled it was that i wasn't sure if all SIBs have the longditudinal bracing bars along the sides. seems like most of them do. for a smaller boat you could certainly make something simpler /lighter duty