Sold my boat

Frontier

Visit site
Well after quite a while for sale we have sold our boat. It is not a nice feeling being boatless, although the right thing for us at the moment.

Following redundancy we started our own business, so with us working 6 days per week we just couldn't spend any time on her.

I have not been posting much over the last couple of years. With no trips out there was not much I could contribute. However this seems an appropriate moment to thank all the people who have helped us over the years. In particular our Engineer Colin Ryan (and Vicky) who have been fantastic. Nothing has been too much trouble and I cant thank them enough. They have always been there for us when something went wrong. Also thanks for the friendship from the Wokingham Meet crew, Jez, Mike, Derek etc, sorry too many to mention.

I must also thank Premier Marianas. We have been with them for 10 years and they have been great all through that time. I am not saying we didn't have a few times when we needed to bring something to their attention, but they were always friendly, helpful and willing to sort things out. When we suddenly found ourselves in difficulty they were very understanding and helpful. They really went above and beyond to help us and to find us affordable berthing while we were selling. Even when we were not full berth holders we were always treated as if we were. The have demonstrated that the relationship with their long term customers means a lot. Clearly we were selling up and not going to be a future customer, but that didn't change the great customer service we received, so a special thank you to Mark Collings and the team who looked after us at Swanwick we will really miss being there. Thanks also to Southsea Marina where we were for a few happy years before Swanwick.

Finally thank you to all the other forumites on here, who's advice has been invaluable over the years.

Best wishes
D

Seastoke

Visit site
We sold our boat to help with the new company but work hard and the rewards will be a better boat next time ,good luck

volvopaul

hotmail.co.uk
Well after quite a while for sale we have sold our boat. It is not a nice feeling being boatless, although the right thing for us at the moment.

Following redundancy we started our own business, so with us working 6 days per week we just couldn't spend any time on her.

I have not been posting much over the last couple of years. With no trips out there was not much I could contribute. However this seems an appropriate moment to thank all the people who have helped us over the years. In particular our Engineer Colin Ryan (and Vicky) who have been fantastic. Nothing has been too much trouble and I cant thank them enough. They have always been there for us when something went wrong. Also thanks for the friendship from the Wokingham Meet crew, Jez, Mike, Derek etc, sorry too many to mention.

I must also thank Premier Marianas. We have been with them for 10 years and they have been great all through that time. I am not saying we didn't have a few times when we needed to bring something to their attention, but they were always friendly, helpful and willing to sort things out. When we suddenly found ourselves in difficulty they were very understanding and helpful. They really went above and beyond to help us and to find us affordable berthing while we were selling. Even when we were not full berth holders we were always treated as if we were. The have demonstrated that the relationship with their long term customers means a lot. Clearly we were selling up and not going to be a future customer, but that didn't change the great customer service we received, so a special thank you to Mark Collings and the team who looked after us at Swanwick we will really miss being there. Thanks also to Southsea Marina where we were for a few happy years before Swanwick.

Finally thank you to all the other forumites on here, who's advice has been invaluable over the years.

Best wishes
D
Which boat did you have ? Nice words

Greg2

Visit site
It can't be easy to have to sell up. Good luck with the business and hopefully you will be in a position to re-join the boating community in the not too distant future. In the meantime don't be a stranger as current boat ownership isn't a pre-requisite for the forum :)

Frontier

Visit site
It can't be easy to have to sell up. Good luck with the business and hopefully you will be in a position to re-join the boating community in the not too distant future. In the meantime don't be a stranger as current boat ownership isn't a pre-requisite for the forum :)

Thanks Greg2, I do hope we can get back on the water. I will try to keep myself topped up on the forum banter, so I am well prepared for next time :)

Whitelighter

Visit site
Hey D,

Selling is always hard but the good news is it's easier to get back in than to get out so you've done the hard part.
Hopefully you can spend a bit of time on the business which in turn will hopefully get you back on the water soon(ish).

I've been without a boat for nearly 6 years and it doesn't seem that long. I'm inly just starting to forget the bills and trouble they cause. Still can't forget the fun

maybh1

Visit site
We sold our boat to help with the new company but work hard and the rewards will be a better boat next time ,good luck

We did the same Frontier - we sold our Hardy 18 to finance our business as the Bank were snapping at our heels

Within 6 years or so we were able to purchase a brand new Trader 44:encouragement: (which after 16 great years is now up for sale)

I wish you every success

May
Xx

Frontier

Visit site
Hey D,

Selling is always hard but the good news is it's easier to get back in than to get out so you've done the hard part.
Hopefully you can spend a bit of time on the business which in turn will hopefully get you back on the water soon(ish).

I've been without a boat for nearly 6 years and it doesn't seem that long. I'm inly just starting to forget the bills and trouble they cause. Still can't forget the fun

Hi Jez,

Do you know you were the first person to help me once I got my boat, I recall you giving me your number so we could talk over the best approach into Bembridge. It seemed so exciting back then. Yet I was only in Chichester! :)

Tracey and I do miss meeting with the old crew from Wokingham, but it was just that bit too far after the move. i should count my blessings, I viewed a Princess 42 twice a couple of months before the redundancy, I often think how lucky I was not to have bought her.

Is it really 6 years! I remember your boat at the Boat Show. I am sure you will be on the water again and I hope we will get afloat in something nice too!

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
I'm late to this thread, sorry, but congrats D on the eventual sale of the boat, I know it has taken a while. Best of luck with your business endeavours.

Frontier

Visit site
I'm late to this thread, sorry, but congrats D on the eventual sale of the boat, I know it has taken a while. Best of luck with your business endeavours.

Hi Jimmy,

I hope things are going well for you.

Thanks for your message. Yes it did take a while, there just seemed to be no buyers, so much so, the original Broker closed their local operation! Not many people looked at her over that time. Then this season it seemed to pick up.

We work 24/7 now. Officially its 6 days per week (retail shop and website) but anyone with their own business knows its pretty much all the time!

In the meantime I will just have to dream of my next boat .

Thanks and best wished

D