SOL 3rd leg

sarabande

Visit site
what's the opinion on going further S than 60S pls ? I know it's quite a lot shorter on the GC course, but with lower wind speeds and even easterlies... ?

trevorr

Visit site
what's the opinion on going further S than 60S pls ? I know it's quite a lot shorter on the GC course, but with lower wind speeds and even easterlies... ?

I actually think you are in a really good spot down there.
playing the weather forward, assuming you can stay in front of that pressure system I think you'll be quids in.

Don't think you want to be much further south than 62S at least in the next 48 hrs.

Best of luck, Hope you've got your thermals with you :)

Trev

Alistairr

Visit site
2nd overall for a while! :D :D
SOL3.jpg

I know it doesn't mean much at this stage, but I'm well chuffed about it! :D
Hoping for a top4 YBW finish.

Good showing of YBW at the top end of the leader board, keep it up guys.

Cheers
Al.

sereda

Visit site
Lots of YBW boats on the 330 mile long frontline. Great stuff keep it up and well done Alistair no 1 for quite a while now, how much fuel have you got though? ;)

Alistairr

Visit site
Great running from Ybw'er this leg but my lead won't last unfortunately, I think I'll lose it in the next hour or so.

Used Gallons of fuel already, but as Spyro says, I'm a stinkie so am used too burning it up!! :D :D

Cheers
Al.

sarabande

Visit site
Ooops, have you fallen in the hole along with all the great and good ? :D

Would you like me to wave as us penguins sweep by ?

(Bet we get stopped in another 24 hrs. BTW, are planning going N of South Island or S , to the finish ?)

Dipper

Visit site
It's a very fast moving hole so it shouldn't affect boats too much - but then micro-seconds are important to the leaders.

I'm going to copy the screen to Photoshop and edit South Island out of the way. That way I don't have to make a decision.

Alistairr

Visit site
Arrgghhh,,,,, this is getting so intense!!!

I had hoped for a top4 YBW finish, looking at the board now, I'll be lucky if I get a top8 finish!! Everyone is doing so well.

Slow down and give this mobo'er a chance please.

Cheers
Al.

Spyro

Visit site
I was down south about 2 hours behind my Son (Skidaddler) so I thought I wouldn't catch him and decided on a different approach.......How wrong :confused:

sereda

Visit site
This would have been a really good leg to go corinthian (not be able to see the other boats). I too bowed to pressure from other boats gybing, and had intended to be midway between 71 and flowstoo at this stage, (honest i did!!!) but bottled out of continuing to head East as it seemed every one else was going North. Tricky night ahead.. how long can I stay awake for??