SOL 3rd leg

BrendanS

Visit site
I'd love to, but a strange work issue emerges most of the time. Which distills down to not being able to be online at the right times. The piratesses are still around, but further afield.

Martin_J

Visit site
It closed at 23:00 I believe.... There was a message in the chat window shortly before it closed and the GO TO RACE has now been taken off the front page.

See you in Leg 4..... in about six and a half hours... Remember to set a DC for your course timed to go off in the hour leading up to the start in case you don't wake up in time (like my leg 3 start)...

Chat online shortly and good luck!.. Martin J (MJM)

... and thanks for keeping me company to the west of NZ for the last few days!

Last edited:

Dipper

Visit site
I think they have server issues and everything slows down if they have too many races on at the same time.

Martin_J

Visit site
Even if the leg is closed before you have finished, the position you are in at the time is taken into account in the rankings. The Sailonline forum usually says how long the previous leg is to be kept open for - although if you're still on the old leg whilst starting the new it would take up even more of your time!

And Dipper is right.. server load would nearly double if two races as big as this were on simultaneously.