So summer is coming what’s the plan

Daydream believer

Visit site
Mooring holders ( plus a couple of boats who we have met on the way) cruises dates being sorted now round tides.
2 to Brightlingsea starting 26 june for the smaller boats & less adventurous.
1 to Ramsgate over 3 days
1 to shotley weekender
1 to ipswich over 3-4 days
East coast cruise 28 Aug-12 Sept to , ipswich, shotley, brightlinsea chatham ramsgate,Lowestoft with the usual group cycle event to broads & dockyard visits, eat outs, cooking contest etc
Then another short cruise to Burnham for the smaller boats date to be sorted at year end before haul out
We would all like to do one to Boulogne but that would be pushing our luck & no one knows if the French would be very friendly. So we are going to let others work that one out this year. However, we have all agreed to do as much as possible this year
I will stick in a couple of extra trips, if I can for luck to Ramsgate & Lowestoft.

jamie N

Visit site
Down to North Queensferry, then back up North and beyond. Possibly Faeroe Islands and back down to the Hebs, maybe only Orkney and then the Hebs.
Lots to do before we get there though!

Concerto

Visit site
Only two trips planned.

The first is part of the Westerly Owners Association national cruise starting at the end of May. Sail from the Medway to join the fleet at Lowestoft then working back down to visit many East Coast haunts, to the Medway and then to Ramsgate before going home. The rest of the fleet are then heading along the South Coast.

Before the next trip, I am organising the WOA Medway Ralley and then Concerto will be lifted out and spruced up.

The second trip in early September will take me to the Solent, but missing most of the normal fleshpots. Concerto is heading to be the WOA boat at the Southampton International Boat Show. For the duration of the show I am staying on board, so come and have a chat. Then sail back home.

scruff

Visit site
Launch in Early May then "Work from home" may morph into "work from the boat" a few days a week.

Quite looking forward to it really ?

I think our cruises this years will, once again, be "Self Contained" aboard, depending on how open/welcoming the Scottish Islands are this year.

Koeketiene

www.sailblogs.com
Was planning at trip to the UK and Ireland.
It seems like this option won't be open to me.
So, the revised plan is now to work my way down the French Atlantic coast as far as La Rochelle.
If Spain opens up by June, cross over to northern Galicia and spend some time there before crossing Biscay back to Finistere.
And then, hopefully, some local cruising with family and friends in southern Brittany.

ctva

Visit site
Launch in Early May then "Work from home" may morph into "work from the boat" a few days a week.

Quite looking forward to it really ?

I think our cruises this years will, once again, be "Self Contained" aboard, depending on how open/welcoming the Scottish Islands are this year.
We are always welcoming despite what some on here indicate. Just don't tell too many. :cool:

pragmatist

Visit site
I heard EVERYBODY is bound for the West Country rather than France! It's gonna be busy
Hi Matt Yes I think you could be right - especially if last summer is anything to go by. Roads and the water were very very busy last summer. So my aim is to head for the East Coast, via the Solent, to revisit old haunts. Should be ideal since we now only need 3 feet of water and should be able to take the ground easily. HWMBO is so desperate that his objective is lots of day sails and if he gets anything more he'll be thrilled. Apart from Covid we have been daft enough to acquire another boxer - but so far the Astro-turf training is working quite well ! She hasn't met the boat yet though so fingers crossed all round !

hoolie_feet_on_bed640.png

scruff

Visit site
We are always welcoming despite what some on here indicate. Just don't tell too many. :cool:

I've sailed on the west coast for 10 years now - last year there seemed to quite a lot of apprehension around tourists visiting the islands so we kept ourselves to ourselves. Mainly visited the smaller antares anchorages which was a delight. Out of 16 nights, I think 3 we shared with one other boat otherwise totally alone.

Only this year it would be nice to get a pint in the Mish and eat at the Boathouse on Gigha...