Slippery deck

G

I am the owner of a 32 ft GRP sailboat with a deck which can be very slippery when we are out sailing. I wonder if I should sand the deck down and put on some new paint with a anti slip material in it. Or perhaps it is a better idea to put on a more expensive cover like treadmaster (no teak)? I would be very greatful for any advice.

Regards
Tor from Oslo

Boatman

Visit site
You deck may have at some time been polished with teflon or similar and certainly that make GRP very ice like, maybe some chemical cleaner could solve the problem, sorry I can't come up with anything else.

G

Treadmaster is good, but the price may deter you - and it's easy to waste a lot too.

Rubberized paint or a good quality paint with glass balls added (don't use the smallest size) are other options.

Lost in Denmark - a yachtsmans paradise!

G

Thank you for your reply. I would be greatful if you could recomend what kind of pait I should use and where to find "bigger balls". I hope that you will once have the opportunity to experience the Norwegian yacht pardise. We have many fjords and few boats (plenty of room), however the prices are high if you have to buy things in Norway.

Regards Tor from Oslo

G

I recomend Blakes antislip deck paint, it is a chlorinated rubberised paint. Takes time to dry up, hence, put thin coats at a time.