SIBS

henryf

www.911virgin.com
I was surprised at Cannes to see someone with a small dog looking at the boats. Hubby had to wait on the pontoon with it whilst wifey looked round the boat. Our hotel had dog meals on the room service menu at €19++ per 250g meal. Forty quid a day to feed our hound? Not bloody likely :)

Henry

Bigplumbs

Visit site
Am I mistaken but was this thread originally about SIBS. Seems to have turned into a dog show :)

Last edited:

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Had a good day at the show today and saw a few boats on which I will comment in due course. What did annoy me was being forced to do a massive loop to get off the marina. Both the ramps along the main waterfront were one way onto the pontoons so you were deposited at either Sealine or Princess. To get off you were forced to go all the way round to Sunseeker. It wasn't like that at the start of the day then people obviously complained they weren't getting enough footfall so you were forced to make the significant detour.

Not ideal. Both ramps were happy operating 2 way traffic earlier.

H.

Greg2

Visit site
We visited during the week and had an enjoyable day. Had a look on the Hardy 65 and thought they had done a very good job.

Most interesting boat was the Bavaria E40. Single engine (Volvo D3 150 hp) with, we were told, a semi-displacement hull but I am guessing with that size engine it will only do displacement speeds. Quite an innovative blend of yacht and mobo design which we actually quite liked. Quite a basic interior compared to many mobos but with three double cabins, an airy saloon, a spacious engine bay and a favourable price tag it is an interesting option.

Last edited:

ari

Visit site
Had a good day at the show today and saw a few boats on which I will comment in due course. What did annoy me was being forced to do a massive loop to get off the marina. Both the ramps along the main waterfront were one way onto the pontoons so you were deposited at either Sealine or Princess. To get off you were forced to go all the way round to Sunseeker. It wasn't like that at the start of the day then people obviously complained they weren't getting enough footfall so you were forced to make the significant detour.

Not ideal. Both ramps were happy operating 2 way traffic earlier.

H.

What an odd idea. I was there in the week and the ramps were two way then.

I should think being the poor sod at the bottom of the ramp trying to stop people going up must be one of the most thankless jobs in the world. I wonder how many people simply refuse to be redirected and go up anyway, and what they do about it?

[2068]

Visit site
Some people will moan at anything.
Walking a hundred meters extra whoopi do

It's pretty annoying when you have spent all day on your feet, and you are forced to navigate crowded pontoons to get to the furthest exit which leads to an area that you have already been to, doubly so when people with an "exhibitors pass" are allowed to go in both directions.

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Some people will moan at anything.
Walking a hundred meters extra whoopi do

But it isn't just a hundred metres and you have to navigate the crowds stopping to look at stuff on the pontoon. What was particularly frustrating was coming off a Princess boat wanting to get to their hospitality area a few feet away but having to make a big shlep through the crowded pontoons, past Sunseeker, up to the food hall, down past the ribs & outboards then back to within 50 feet of where you started.

Have you signed the petition to get Uber re-licensed yet? Frustratingly I was arguing your cause with someone the other day.

H.

hunton69

Visit site
While im at it the white wine at Sunseeker was to winey, the beer to frothie at fairline and the buffet at Lagoon was to filling.
The news about Uber was very sad.

Last edited: