SIBS

hunton69

Visit site
Some kind of an existential crisis, moaning about people who moan ;)

It’s a PITA at SIBS when they enforce one way traffic, ‘specially if you are just going to one stand and out again, and it’s raining :(
Little tip for you. Check the weather forcast and go on a dry day.

rafiki_

Visit site
Also had a great day at SIBS today. Met a number of friendly forumites, enjoyed some nice hostility on a few stands, and focussed on the new Prinny 55, Fairline 53 and Snazi 50. All great boats. Have to say that Fairline build quality is starting to stand out. The Prinny feels a considerably larger boat than the other 2, which of course it is. I am drawn to the styling detail of the Azi. The 53 is a very nice boat. Could put up with any of them.

Time Out

Visit site
Last day today, grab a bargain day.

Not only can you buy a cheap magazine today if you ask nicely you may be able to buy the whole company ....

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
We found it difficult trying to exit the place. Ended up being led across the two bridges and out via the arena. Rather annnoying as it meant we missed our ferry.

Anyhow, we only really visited two stands. The first were Ribeye who I have occasional dealings with. Looks like they're building a top quality product and will customize their platforms to suit buyers. I think they said they now have a workforce of about 80 people. We often forget about some of these smaller builder but they seem to be thriving.

Also visited the Fairline stand. Were asked to register (rather pointless in my case) but it was all very friendly and laid back. Free refreshments seemed to be open to all so we had a couple of drinks (champagne offered :)), had a chat with their MD and Marketing Director and South Mallorca dealer. Saw the Sq53 for the first time, what a lovely machine that is. Noticed the absence of the Sq78 on the model line up. Apparently, the last one is now in build and is going to an owner on his 7th one. Used as tenders to a rather large Superyacht. Fairline guys buzzing from the success for the Cannes and are excited about the T43, Sq64 and F-line 33. As is the case with Princess, much of next year's production is already sold out so orders being taken for 2019. I guess dealers may still have boats available from their pre-orders.

Ended up buying a Zodiac 2.3m Cadet roll up tender and a 3.5hp outboard. They weren't giving them away but it was nice to be able to compare tenders side by side and it will be delivered this week and therefore trucked with the boat. Was almost tempted by a Ribeye 2.3m RIB, now that would make a great tender.

Time Out

Visit site
R, are you at the show today? Might whizz in for a quick hour this afternoon.

Sadly i am not although I am assuming you remember I have not worked there for nearly two years ;)

On the 0940 to Nice in the morning ( 3rd time this week!) for the next one if you make it down there.

jimmy_the_builder

Visit site
Sadly i am not although I am assuming you remember I have not worked there for nearly two years ;)

On the 0940 to Nice in the morning ( 3rd time this week!) for the next one if you make it down there.

Yep, I hadn't forgotten, I was asking in a general capacity rather than a Time Inc one.

Not sure when I'm back down to Nice, probably Weds or Thurs but haven't decided yet - depends on the weather. Wasn't planning on going to MYS though, it's a bit out of my league :D

Time Out

Visit site
Yep, I hadn't forgotten, I was asking in a general capacity rather than a Time Inc one.

Not sure when I'm back down to Nice, probably Weds or Thurs but haven't decided yet - depends on the weather. Wasn't planning on going to MYS though, it's a bit out of my league :D

Well if you do decide to go drop me a line / message.

Had a quick look round SBS on Thurs in the rain ! Sadly I think that’s the last for me. I don’t own a boat and there was not much of interest.

Enjoy though !

henryf

www.911virgin.com
Just to add my support for the Hardy 65. Had the grand tour and a very different beast to 2 years ago. Obviously to a customer's spec / design so each one will be unique. but you can certainly imagine munching a few miles in her. One of the great things about Southampton is looking at stuff that might not ordinarily be on your radar. Maybe Hardy should be considered for a little spot at the Great British boat builders show Sanwick ? They say variety is the spice of life......

Henry :)

z1ppy

Visit site
With thanks to Henry, Swmbo and i went yesterday for a look around.

We managed to remove a few boats from the list which i suppose is positive. we experienced a range of salesmen experiences ranging from a very nice guy on the Princess 49 asking people on the pontoon if we wanted to view any of their boats to a complete ignorant, unhelpful, condescending and obnoxious chap from the XO boats dealer.

Had a long look at the Jeanneau NC33, shame there was no NC9 there to compare but really interesting and well thought out boat for our current needs.

For us, boat of the show was MB Yachts 36 ft motorboat on the water next to Rodman. the builder was on board and happy to answer all and any questions, he is clearly very proud of the boat and in my view, rightly so. for a couple looking for an occasional overnight in style and comfort it has everything for me. single Yanmar 370 giving 30 plus kts and cruise mid 20s at reasonable efficiently.

looks.... well it divides for sure but i like it.. unfortunately their website is out of bandwidth right now (i suspect as a result of the interest being shown).

first time at the show for a few years and nice for a change, still the same people in the same places. Top day out.

rafiki_

Visit site

We managed to remove a few boats from the list which i suppose is positive. we experienced a range of salesmen experiences ranging from a very nice guy on the Princess 49 asking people on the pontoon if we wanted to view any of their boats to a complete ignorant, unhelpful, condescending and obnoxious chap from the XO boats dealer.

Had a long look at the Jeanneau NC33, shame there was no NC9 there to compare but really interesting and well thought out boat for our current needs.

For us, boat of the show was MB Yachts 36 ft motorboat on the water next to Rodman. the builder was on board and happy to answer all and any questions, he is clearly very proud of the boat and in my view, rightly so. for a couple looking for an occasional overnight in style and comfort it has everything for me. single Yanmar 370 giving 30 plus kts and cruise mid 20s at reasonable efficiently.

looks.... well it divides for sure but i like it.. unfortunately their website is out of bandwidth right now (i suspect as a result of the interest being shown).

first time at the show for a few years and nice for a change, still the same people in the same places. Top day out.
Good to see you yesterday Z1ppy. Yes, I like the MB too. Really nice effort and well thought out. You just need to work a little on the man maths :)

Ian h

Visit site

We were there yesterday as well. The MB yacht was a pleasing change and could see that the owner had thought out how the boat was going to be used, The single cabin i thought worked very well,

Am I prepared to slow down yet...............

JumbleDuck

Visit site
IWhich boat did I prefer ? There was not much in it. The overall deal played a large part in it , but princess put themselves out of the game ( or one salesman did )

I knew a chap who bought an ASH-25 glider to learn in - that's a bit like buying a Lamborghini for driving lessons. He originally wanted a Nimbus 4 (similar performance and price) but the Schempp-Hirth agent was so rude (characteristically so) when he raised the matter that he went elsewhere. That was 25-ish years ago, when £150k was quite a lot of money.

rafiki_

Visit site
We found it difficult trying to exit the place. Ended up being led across the two bridges and out via the arena. Rather annnoying as it meant we missed our ferry.

Anyhow, we only really visited two stands. The first were Ribeye who I have occasional dealings with. Looks like they're building a top quality product and will customize their platforms to suit buyers. I think they said they now have a workforce of about 80 people. We often forget about some of these smaller builder but they seem to be thriving.

Also visited the Fairline stand. Were asked to register (rather pointless in my case) but it was all very friendly and laid back. Free refreshments seemed to be open to all so we had a couple of drinks (champagne offered :)), had a chat with their MD and Marketing Director and South Mallorca dealer. Saw the Sq53 for the first time, what a lovely machine that is. Noticed the absence of the Sq78 on the model line up. Apparently, the last one is now in build and is going to an owner on his 7th one. Used as tenders to a rather large Superyacht. Fairline guys buzzing from the success for the Cannes and are excited about the T43, Sq64 and F-line 33. As is the case with Princess, much of next year's production is already sold out so orders being taken for 2019. I guess dealers may still have boats available from their pre-orders.

Ended up buying a Zodiac 2.3m Cadet roll up tender and a 3.5hp outboard. They weren't giving them away but it was nice to be able to compare tenders side by side and it will be delivered this week and therefore trucked with the boat. Was almost tempted by a Ribeye 2.3m RIB, now that would make a great tender.
Yep also spent some time at Fairline talking to Russell, Karl and Miles. All rightly upbeat, and their newco continuing to thrive through shear hard work. Hats off to them!
We have a Ribeye 2.6 on Rafiki. I think a 2.3 would be quite tight for us.

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Yep also spent some time at Fairline talking to Russell, Karl and Miles. All rightly upbeat, and their newco continuing to thrive through shear hard work. Hats off to them!
We have a Ribeye 2.6 on Rafiki. I think a 2.3 would be quite tight for us.

Yeah but you're bigger than me! I'd have liked the Ribeye but I'd lose the ability to roll it up for storage.

Last edited: