Shhh, I'm busy driving

Dyflin

Visit site
Shhh, I\'m busy driving

lol, it's gone very quiet in here, are we all concentrating dutifully?!

So New Zealand, port or starboard?

Carolwildbird

art-of-remembering.typepad.com
Re: Shhh, I\'m busy driving

Busy? i seem to spend quite a bit of time drifting around and getting frustrated by the every-changing forecasts, and changing my plans yet again. Finally looks like, in a few hours time, I'll be in some more consistent winds. But the 5.45pm forecast will probably scupper that too.

Problem is the shifting winds have meant I'm heading directly for the middle of of the north of NZ.... prob. to starboard, but depends on the wind at the next forecast.

Daipal

Visit site

I have a cunning plan!!
I am leaving NZ to port and also Antartica. So I get to Rio without crossing the International Date Line and I arrive before I left.
Bugger! I think I've spotted a flaw. Pass me the bottle while I work it out again. Have you seen the size of Antartica! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

flaming

Visit site

I'm lining up with NZ well to starboard.

For the first time since my 600 place move on the first leg, I'm actually happy with my position on the race course!

Dyflin

Visit site

I was certain, certain, that my little chink through New Zealand would get me ahead of the pack. Oh how wrong I was... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Carolwildbird

art-of-remembering.typepad.com

I think you're in a nice position dyflin.. I was just looking.. once you've got through the lighter wind belt, you've got good wind angles and better wind, less close to the dastardly high

Dyflin

Visit site

Steaming a bit too quick now, have to put the brakes on a bit to keep inside the higher winds. Looooong way to go yet though /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif