September Scuttlebutt Cruise On The Clyde

PeteCooper

Visit site
We usually make a final decision about where to go on the Saturday through an alcohol fuelled haze on the Friday night.
Having said that, for the first Scuttlebutt Clyde Cruise we only got to Rothesay on the Saturday:eek: but that's probably because some of the Eastcoasters with us were getting vertigo whenever they looked at the depthsounder:D - or it might have been because of the big waves breaking over CWC pontoon;)

OGITD

Visit site
John, it sounds very much to me that you cant be 4rsed sailing to Tarbert, or I could be wrong and its just a case of you not liking Tarbert:confused:
If the guitar fest is anything like the folk fest there (Rothesay) at easter it wont be worth going to and unless we were thare for the thur eve/fri morn I would imagine there wouldent be much chance of getting into the marina.
Why dont we wait and see what the weather is like on fri 16th, we could all be thankful to get to Rothesay if weather is pants.

I am donating a huge bundle of electric cabling for 12v wiring
so folk can have their boat instruments wired properly;);)
C_W

Eamonn me “owd bucket of chuckles”

I love to sail anywhere just as long as I don’t have an eight hour hard and unpleasant / punishing sail back…. Tarbert has good fish suppers & pub grub so it definitely is my kind of place…… plus the festival and the potential of a musical social back on our boats...... Rusty Nails…. R-US….:D

Plus what our Pete said!....:)

Plus I will now have to buy lots of raffle tickets in the hope of winning the 12v cable....;)

Clyde_Wanderer

Visit site
Eamonn me “owd bucket of chuckles”

I love to sail anywhere just as long as I don’t have an eight hour hard and unpleasant / punishing sail back…. Tarbert has good fish suppers & pub grub so it definitely is my kind of place…… plus the festival and the potential of a musical social back on our boats...... Rusty Nails…. R-US….:D

Plus what our Pete said!....:)

Plus I will now have to buy lots of raffle tickets in the hope of winning the 12v cable....;)

Thats a very endering address John:D
As for the cable, I think Pete might need that!:D
Jim (Emma) would fit in at the Rothesay Guitar bash:eek:
C_W

OGITD

Visit site
Do I detect a cunning plan

Jim (Emma) would fit in at the Rothesay Guitar bash:eek:
C_W

Do I detect a cunning plan… & that is to send ooor Jim to the Rothesay guitar bash while we all head off to Tarbert? :D
Patrick was saying that for the short time Jim has been playing he’s quite good. :cool:
So this does mean we now have to have a couple of songs from OJ (ooor Jim) at the muster….. eh! ;) :D :cool:

Clyde_Wanderer

Visit site
Do I detect a cunning plan… & that is to send ooor Jim to the Rothesay guitar bash while we all head off to Tarbert? :D
Patrick was saying that for the short time Jim has been playing he’s quite good. :cool:
So this does mean we now have to have a couple of songs from OJ (ooor Jim) at the muster….. eh! ;) :D :cool:

Hopefully he will be much better now he has a lovely new Yamaha guitar.
He can be heard throughout Millport bay in the dead of the night:D:D:D
No boubt we will get "Stuck in the middle with you"
C_W

webcraft

www.bluemoment.com
We usually make a final decision about where to go on the Saturday through an alcohol fuelled haze on the Friday night.
Having said that, for the first Scuttlebutt Clyde Cruise we only got to Rothesay on the Saturday:eek: but that's probably because some of the Eastcoasters with us were getting vertigo whenever they looked at the depthsounder:D - or it might have been because of the big waves breaking over CWC pontoon;)

Where is Friday?

Thinking of taking Fairwinds round the Mull if the weather is clement . . .

- W

Kylora

Tarbert Harbour, East Loch Tarbert, Loch Fyne, Sco
Visit site
Where is Friday?

Thinking of taking Fairwinds round the Mull if the weather is clement . . .

- W

Don't you remember?

P1020499.jpg

Clicky Click

Ash

Last edited:

Clyde_Wanderer

Visit site
Still looking for all those duplicate gifts that we all have for the raffle….. to be stored in our MC’s Pete C’s “big box"… aka car boot..... ;)

Heres my donation, a 10lb sealiced springer caught at the Stanly wier river Tay,
Wouldent suggest putting it in Pete,s boot though it might stink.:p
Breakfast.jpg

It was caught in Mar 03.:eek:
C_W

Gordonmc

Visit site
Ok, plans are firming up a bit now.
Alex is helping me bring Farewell down from the mooring on Friday. Tom will bring Negresco with his son, Robert (probably). One of my berths is bagsied for one of the Escapade team. If anyone is still without a bunk, my saloon bench-seat might suit a skinny git.
After Tarbert I might head up the loch to Otter Ferry, dependent on weather. I will bumble about until the Thursday if anyone wants to extend the weekend.

ctb

Visit site
Room at the inn

Ok, plans are firming up a bit now.
Alex is helping me bring Farewell down from the mooring on Friday. Tom will bring Negresco with his son, Robert (probably). One of my berths is bagsied for one of the Escapade team. If anyone is still without a bunk, my saloon bench-seat might suit a skinny git.
After Tarbert I might head up the loch to Otter Ferry, dependent on weather. I will bumble about until the Thursday if anyone wants to extend the weekend.

Hi Gordon, Can I scrounge the saloon bench seat please.
Thanks
Geoff (Escapader)

OGITD

Visit site
Could give it a go.....

And to start the list:

:)

I don't want to rule the world... but!... I do wish I could play this:

Last edited:

falkirkdan

Visit site
Ok Folks not been looking at the postings for a while.

Do you still want me to do the Quiz, that is of course if the weather lets us be on the Cumbrae pontoon or if it will still be there after Monday!!!. I will not be upset if you say no! Well maybe!!!

Anyway the questions are there, if the answer is yes. Then you will need to brush up on your Astrophysics, International Netball, African music, the life and times of Rumpelstiltskin.

Of course that will not help you answer any of the questions but just think how people will be impressed when you tell them your theory of Stellar Evolution. Maybe brushing up on your 2 times table will be more useful.

Looking forward to Friday, fingers crossed for the weather.
Danny