September Scuttlebutt Cruise On The Clyde

Spyro

Visit site
Got it marked on the calendar. So if weather is favourable then will be there. I have a quiz which I made up for a KCC muster but the weather blew that to bits so could use that if you want.

Dan. You've just been promoted to Quizmaster. Good on that man. You just need a firm hand on the tiller. :D. Glad you can do it because I've got quite a lot on just now.

Clyde_Wanderer

Visit site
Dan. You've just been promoted to Quizmaster. Good on that man. You just need a firm hand on the tiller.

Now Now dont get personal with that man!:D

Any more folk interested in joining us?
Gordon are you comming in Farewell?
How about Alex Morton anyone hear from him? I dont think he frequents this fora much these days, maybe someone can update him.
C_W

Gordonmc

Visit site
Now Now dont get personal with that man!:D

Any more folk interested in joining us?
Gordon are you comming in Farewell?
How about Alex Morton anyone hear from him? I dont think he frequents this fora much these days, maybe someone can update him.
C_W

Alex is aware of the date. I think it likely he will make an appearance. I am not sure about Tom of Negresco.
I am aiming to get Farewell down to Cumbrae. Since I last touched on the subject the boat has been launched and is now living on the Loch Riddon mooring. The only fly in the ointment is that while I was quite happy to single-hand in Flap, the Brick is somewhat more intimidating and I need to press gang at least one unfortunate to crew. I have feelers out and should be ok.
I should be good for Tarbert on the Saturday.
Is Tarbert ready for it though?

Clyde_Wanderer

Visit site
Alex is aware of the date. I think it likely he will make an appearance. I am not sure about Tom of Negresco.
I am aiming to get Farewell down to Cumbrae. Since I last touched on the subject the boat has been launched and is now living on the Loch Riddon mooring. The only fly in the ointment is that while I was quite happy to single-hand in Flap, the Brick is somewhat more intimidating and I need to press gang at least one unfortunate to crew. I have feelers out and should be ok.
I should be good for Tarbert on the Saturday.
Is Tarbert ready for it though?

Gordon, Congrats on the successful launch, sounds as if everything is going to plan.
More like, Will Tarbert be ready for us?:D
C_W

Clyde_Wanderer

Visit site
I think Wight Dawn is out as well. I had a knee op yesterday and the prognosis is that it will be 4 - 6 weeks before I can climb in and out of the dinghy.

Ken, sorry to hear you might not make it, although we could get you sorted with an eye patch and a pair of crutches and you would blend in fine.:D
Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Almost forgot about the gang from Escapade, Hoy aboit ye noi will ye be ther?
C_W

Clyde_Wanderer

Visit site
Maybe peeps are on holiday and haven't been able to respond yet.

'Mistral' would intend to be at Cumbrae on Friday night. Haven't yet decided about Tarbet , sorry Tarbert, on Saturday night.

It will always be noisy during the quiz - doesn't mean that people aren't interested.

Cheers

Ash

How come there are two spellings when both mean 'narrow place'?

Ash I think its so we dont get them mixed up:D
If I am not mistaken, the word means Portage or Portache(spelling?), a narrow place suitable for carrying boats over land, or something to that effect.
Pity you are not up for Tarbert on the sat, it is usually a great night.
C_W

OGITD

Visit site
Yep!

Accepting first timers? Going to see if I can make it - but OG - does this not clash with the TCC Largs Muster :confused:

WC,

It does indeed clash with our TCC closing muster, but only if you intend to sail with the Scuttlebutt Fleet to Tarbert on the Saturday.

As I see it there are two options:

1, Attend the Friday soiree at the CWC & then Largs (TCC Muster) on the Saturday.

2, Friday CWC & Tarbert on the Saturday.

For moi it all depends on two things:

1, Wind direction and sea state on Friday through to Monday.

2, If anyone requires crew for the Saturday from the CWC to Tarbert returning on the Sunday / Monday (I’m flexible,) (via the CWC) to allow me to pick up Gina.

A couple of Skippers (from TCC) have mentioned that they will most probably be sailing to Tarbert for the music festival (bad timing on our part).

I seem to of generated the idea of sailing on a Friday (for any and all musters,) as it makes it more of an enjoyable event / weekend being ooot on the water for that extra night.

A few options (Millport, Rothesay etc) were mentioned for the Friday… but my vote is for the CWC for the craic... :D

So anyone requiring additional crew for the CWC – Tarbert leg (& return) I am available, as I have already contacted the appropriate peeps & leaving Gina on their pontoon for 24hrs-ish (with permission) should be OK.

OG.

Last edited:

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
Paul, thought you guys were always on duty regardless of where you are? Maybe you could help some of us to realise our potential in that department!
Sorry you wont be there.
C_W

Yes, I know what you mean! What I meant is that I am down on the rota to preach that Sunday, and getting to Waterbeach by 1800 from Tarbert via James Watt Dock is a wee bit tight :)

scottie

Visit site
If you are going to Tarbert might be worth checking that space is available
We went in on Friday night 7pm no answer on either VHF or phone. I had heard that the harbor master stops at 5pm?
The place was full do to rsmc rally even behind the pontoon had reserved notices so ended up across the loch.

Clyde_Wanderer

Visit site
We went in on Friday night 7pm no answer on either VHF or phone. I had heard that the harbor master stops at 5pm?.

You are having a laugh, put a line near a cleat on any of the pontoons and you will quickley realise the harbour master or his squad dont quit until short of midnight, when they pester you for money, infact you could well be asked for money while as far as 50mtrs from the pontoon.
I have never called them up, I just go in, but then again it has never been during any sailing event.
Are you going to join us for the wk end?
C_W