Seeking advice on new boat purchase

beejay190

Visit site
Think you might be right there. Started with a bow rider in 2005, got my new Fletcher 19 cuddy this year and am already thinkng about something bigger. At least I am helping to prop up the boating industry !

Genie

Visit site
Another brand which might be of interest is Lema - have a look at their 22ft Gold (open helm) and Clon (hardtop). They have an enclosed loo, small galley and 4 berths.
Nice size cockpit to fish from and are very good value.
I bought my Clon after looking at Merry Fishers/Ocqueteau/Jeanneau and am pleased with it.
Speak to Graham Poore at Rinker Boat sales in Sovereign harbour Eastbourne - a nice chap and is always pleased to take you out for a sea-trial.
I'm not associated with the company, just a satisfied customer.
Good luck.
Rob

BOATKID

Visit site
rickp

you make me out to have some sort of vendetta against Jez - i didnt even mention him nor did he promote himself or westline (in fact did he not cuncur with me about the rinker), however if it makes you happy the words westline will never pass my keyboard again.

Jez - more good publicity eh !! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Visit site
We had a Sea Ray 225 Weekender and used her exactly as you suggest that you plan to use your new boat. In and around the Solent she was excellent, heavy and solid. She was great for trips over to Poole and staying on for the weekend. The vacuflush loo was a big bonus over the porta-potty most cuddy boats have and the Merc 5.0 260hp MPI engine was fast and not too thursty. See my pervious posts for fuel economy and MBM July 2004 back issue for an owners report. We traded up to the 315 Sundancer last year but still see our old boat and it's new owners in Poole and she still looks a good today as she did when we took delivery brand new in 2002. Great little boat.