Seacock handle broke

billskip

Visit site
[QUOTE="jfm Anyways”
This is the biggest disappointment in the thread so far. I spend my life correcting my daughter on this and now JFM does it, a man demonstrably more successful than me.
[/QUOTE]
You can't please all the people all the time.......anyways you can try.....

PaulRainbow

Visit site
You went to sea with old thru hulls 🤷‍♂️😱.....how have you survived
I went to sea with some existing heads seacocks, all complete and fully functional. The only reason to change the seacock was i needed to go from 1" to 1 1/2" because that's what the new Planar heads needs.

billskip

Visit site
Cannot your wife hold a gizmo to stop the skin fitting turning…..a wide file,some metal blade enough to engage with
If the skin fitting does move it will be tightening, not undoing....however if his home made spanners work he won't be putting a lot of stress in that direction...

I don't know what all the fuss is about, when the valve is off, a decision to change (or not) the skin fitting can be made....
As jfm says....its Bouba's boat......

Seastoke

Visit site
Hey Bouba, just thought I'd wish you good luck, hope it goes well, this thread has been mildly entertaining.

I now know how you've managed to rack up over 39000 messages in 8 years compared to my 426 in 10 years, I think you should get some kind of award!
A Red card.

Seastoke

Visit site
I went to sea with some existing heads seacocks, all complete and fully functional. The only reason to change the seacock was i needed to go from 1" to 1 1/2" because that's what the new Planar heads needs.
Does not one use a holding tank.

Seastoke

Visit site
He has just realised the sea cock has been leaking for two years . It wasn’t diesel it was the shit water from the med.

Boathook

Visit site
I'm wondering whether the yard has lifted the boat and put it straight onto the blocks rather than messing around tomorrow morning. This will give the "repair man" time to work on the seacock when convenient to them ....

Portofino

Visit site
Or the soggy cored Benny hulls diner plated as he applied torque to the valve , without any one stopping it rotating from outside .
Now needs a 8 inch dia TTH fitting 😀

As an aside from what understand if I read the posts , the DIY quick route ( slings one man job etc ) is to not spoil this up and coming WE boating ?
But he lives there !

Posts continuously pics of either Porqurolle of JCB s bay .

Could understand the haste and criticism by corner cutting / making tools etc if it was the first week of a two week stint , kinda normal regular hols like A N Other working boat owner keeping a boat remote .It’s not .He has all the time in the world to fix this properly.

My first guardian waaaaay back 20 yrs of Med boating advised check all seacocks before the annual lift out .
Get them done then .

Other threads that may be of interest