Seacock handle broke

Bouba

Visit site
Yup I realise that. You are getting good advice here but ignoring it.

Your misunderstanding on this fire point is shocking. Jake has kindly explained in #187 but the fact you can't see it is a shocker (for the passengers in your boat, mostly).

Anyways good luck with the job today.
Thank you JFM, in fact I am not doing anything but follow the advice, if I can’t do it as a quick job then the boat will stay out the water until the new thru hull is fitted...but for that I need another pair of hands.
And I appreciate what you say about the hoses...but they are Beneteau factory fitted. I am relying on their experience and expertise to keep my family safe😀

jointventureII

Visit site
And I appreciate what you say about the hoses...but they are Beneteau factory fitted. I am relying on their experience and expertise to keep my family safe😀
Sadly, they'll be interested in whatever is cheapest.

It might not seem like a big deal as it has a small likelihood of happening but this situation came about (from what I can grasp) by a seized valve due quite possibly to corrosion which could have been avoided if the fittings had been grounded in the first place, so I'm not sure how much I'd trust Beneteau!

jakew009

Visit site
Sadly, they'll be interested in whatever is cheapest.

It might not seem like a big deal as it has a small likelihood of happening but this situation came about (from what I can grasp) by a seized valve due quite possibly to corrosion which could have been avoided if the fittings had been grounded in the first place, so I'm not sure how much I'd trust Beneteau!

Ironically Beneteau used to run random ground wires all over the boat attached to any bits of metal they could find, but they realised that was electrically nonsense and stopped doing it.

Refueler

Visit site
Blimey ... reading this thread makes some of mine pale into insignificance !! Reads like Trail by Combat !!

Me ? I'm often accused of cheap skating .. so I sit in the wait and see what happens camp on this one ...

Seastoke

Visit site
Just a question ,if you are not using a spanner on the through hull nut , why do you need two spanner’s.

Bouba

Visit site
Just a question ,if you are not outing a spanner on the through hull nut , why do you need two spanner’s.
One to hold the innner nut of the thru hull steady....while the other is to turn the seacock. I haven’t ruled out making a tool for holding the thru hull from the outside....a tube with a slit kind of thing

Richard.C

Visit site
Hey Bouba, just thought I'd wish you good luck, hope it goes well, this thread has been mildly entertaining.

I now know how you've managed to rack up over 39000 messages in 8 years compared to my 426 in 10 years, I think you should get some kind of award!

Bouba

Visit site
Hey Bouba, just thought I'd wish you good luck, hope it goes well, this thread has been mildly entertaining.

I now know how you've managed to rack up over 39000 messages in 8 years compared to my 426 in 10 years, I think you should get some kind of award!
Thanks Richard, I don’t deserve an award, the seacock coming off smoothly today and the Euromillions jackpot tomorrow is enough for my modest needs...I appreciate the kind words👍👍👍

Other threads that may be of interest