Scuttlebutt Solent to Poole Novice Cruise - Spring 2012

Chrissie

Visit site
If there are the real mouse in a wine glass pennants available, they would be the best, I will be flying mine.
I just thought that if they were not available at the moment, people might like to fly a bit of colour that can identify them as part of the group. When I said basic, I meant very basic, coloured nylon material on a piece of string and just for the cost of the postage.

Ive just booked at Poole so thats 11 now booked, :)

BarryH

Visit site
I wouldn't mind tagging along, but theres too many variables in work/home for me to commit at this stage.
Poole is an easy entrance coming from the east. I was moored in Poole for a good many years.

Simondjuk

Visit site
We may be able to make this. Should be able to confirm within the the next 48 hours.

Coming from Chichester Harbour in an Evolution 25, unless she sells in the meantime, in which case it may be something a little larger. We're on a drying berth at Chichester so may get out of there on Thurs night's tide and anchor overnight in order to be able to leave early enough on Friday to avoid the foul tide in the western Solent.

Seajet

Visit site
Simonjuk,

I expect you know that Russel ( Ru88el ) is organising things.

I'd think it would be a good idea to book with Yarmouth - Russel has been taking £5.00 deposits - as obviously space will be tight, I think we are now 12+ boats, same may well go for Poole where we have each registered as coming.

A group of 4 -5 small boats is setting off from Chichester on the Thursday heading for East Cowes so as to break the journey; my A22 can make Yarmouth in one go - but still requires everything right re tides - but some of the other boats would struggle.

This little cruise will obviously require a bit of luck to carry good weather for each leg, but as long as we remember it's supposed to be fun it should be just that, see you on the way !

Simondjuk

Visit site
Apologies for not getting back to this within the previously mentioned 48 hours, but, yes, we can be there.

We'll not be able to make it away from Chichester until late on the Thursday, so may well anchor overnight in the harbour and punch the last of the flood in the morning to be sure of getting to Yarmouth before it turns against us again.

Sailing this weekend so will get online on Sunday evening to sort out monies for Yarmouth etc.

Ru88ell

Visit site
Simondjuk has joined us, so now we are 14.

I've removed from the first post three names who seem to have disappeared having expressed an interest early on.

PhillM

Visit site
IIRC I voulteered to put together a list of everyone's contact details.

If you could PM me with them, that would be fine. I am thinking:

Your name
Boat name
Starting location / day / etc
Callsign
MMSI
Mobile
Email
Any description that would help identify you on the water, description, photo or sail number.

I will compile a list and then send it out the week before.

I know a few people are planning meet-ups on the way to Yarmouth. Depending on time / progress, I guess that a few of us will catch each other up as well, so knowing how to get in touch might be useful and dare I say it, friendly!

Seajet

Visit site
PhillM,

am I right in thinking you're with IPC ?

Ru88el has been collating the info' inc our contact details and doing the legwork inc' organising and booking, so I suggest you have a word with him.

You're right, I'm one of I think 4 boats ( at least) aiming to break the journey by going to East Cowes on the Thursday, Yarmouth on Friday.

PhillM

Visit site
PhillM,

am I right in thinking you're with IPC ?

Ru88el has been collating the info' inc our contact details and doing the legwork inc' organising and booking, so I suggest you have a word with him.

You're right, I'm one of I think 4 boats ( at least) aiming to break the journey by going to East Cowes on the Thursday, Yarmouth on Friday.

Me IPC - no not at all connected.

This little jaunt started when I started a thread about how to sail round the IOW and Russell offered to come with me. We decided to take everyone's advice to go to Poole first and then depending on the weather we may return home by the sea side of the island.

I'll catch up with Russell to see what contact info he has. Meantime, if you send me what you are confortable with I'll add it to the list.

Ru88ell

Visit site
Seajet
I'm only doing bookings for Yarmouth. I do have a list of who's paid, and corresponding contact details, although this is confusing with forum names, real names, Paypal names, partners names, etc.

PhillM is doing the spotters guide.

PhillM

Visit site
Just wanted to say that details sent will only be shared with the people who have booked onto the event. Nothing will be made public.

Simondjuk

Visit site
Good idea on the contact info and boat details, Phil. It'll be good to be able to get/stay in touch with one another and make sure we all have each others email addresses afterwards for the forwarding of all the photos we'll have taken of each others boats.

I've sent our details by PM as you requested, formatted as follows if others wish to follow suit so that we have a standardised list without you having to get involved in any editing:-

Participant(s): Simon and Helen J**** (Simondjuk on the forum)
Boat: Trifle (an Evolution 25)
Departing: Chichester Harbour Friday morning.
Callsign: 2EMX9
MMSI: 235086492
Mobile: 07*** ******
Email: ****@hotmail.com
Additional: Sail number GBR2625R (in red).
White topsides with double red stripes.
Buff coach roof with single red stripe.
Orange and yellow cruising chute (as if we're likely to get that up when going west!).

Thanks to both yourself and Russel for putting in the time to bring this together. It should be a blast.

colhel

Visit site
Passage plan for yacht "Fortuna". Leave Poole Friday night, quick jaunt up to Needles, couple of circuits of IOW, back to Studland or Swanage in time for tea. Saturday morning, hang around Poole Bay with a camera waiting for the other 11 or so boats to come past.

I have on board:

Non-DSC VHF
Mobile Phone
Beer

If I've pressed correct buttons you should be able to see a picture

Last edited: