Scuttlebutt Solent to Poole Novice Cruise - Spring 2012

Seajet

Visit site
Colhel,

I think we're up to 14 in total now; you may need the beer if you're gong to go twice round the IOW then catch us !

- Blackadder 'shoot the Huns & back in time for tea & medals' springs to mind...

Please be sure to get pics of the blue & white one, I'll return the favour.

BarryH

Visit site
Whats the latest I can commit? Work and family muck things up a little. Thats the joy of being self employed. Can't turn the work down. Not much of it about at the moment.

Am I right in thinking that the "permanent" berths in Dolphin Haven have moved to the Marina opposite. Should leave enough room for a small one!

Would love to do this and go back to my old stomping ground, just unsure whats going to be thrown at me that weekend. Will know a bit nearer the time.

Ru88ell

Visit site
Whats the latest I can commit?

We're up to date with deposits paid to Yarmouth. They will also have boat lengths from us and have worked out a berthing plan so we're all close. For this we've paid a fiver each - that also gets us 10% off the fees. You could pay a fiver and be prepared to lose that deposit, or you could just turn up on the day and pay the full rate.

BarryH

Visit site
We're up to date with deposits paid to Yarmouth. They will also have boat lengths from us and have worked out a berthing plan so we're all close. For this we've paid a fiver each - that also gets us 10% off the fees. You could pay a fiver and be prepared to lose that deposit, or you could just turn up on the day and pay the full rate.

Seems a reasonable idea. I can't fault that. Who gets the fiver. Someone here or Yarmouth?
Yeah I know, I'm being lazy, but its been a hard day. The other half conned a new car out of me and I'm tired and emotional.......

Giblets

Visit site
Oh yeah I did join that for the info. Web site is good. Got a sticker somewhere. I'll look into it.........how did you know I was a member?

Spotted a couple of your posts on the old Technical Discussion forum that you had also posted here. And assumed that BarryH could also be Barry H*******! ;)

PhillM

Visit site
Draft one of the spotters guide has been emailed to everyone who has sent me their details, except colhel (no email supplied).

Please check your entry and email back a picture and we will update.

If you haven’t already sent over your details, now is a very good time!

Edit: We have had internet issues in the office today so it might take until Monday to arrive.

PhillM

Visit site
Ok v1 was sent by my easter intern Holly. If you can let her know any adds / changes she will get them done. Also, if you have a pic please email and it will be added.

I am aiming to finish this for everyone currently registered before Easter and then send a final revised copy as a pdf, with any last minuite changes the week before.

colhel

Visit site
I received an email today, thanks for that. Only problem is I couldn't open the attachment. If the final draft is being done PDF, I'll wait for that.
What does Holly want a picture of? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

PhillM

Visit site
Guy it's in ms word 2010 format. I'll get a v1 PDF out Monday if that helps.

Colhel: Pictures are strictly of your boat! For on the water Id only, I assure you :)

Last edited: