Scuttlebutt Solent to Poole Cruise - Spring 2013

lustyd

Visit site
Simon,

yes but that's an Evolution 25, a pretty fast 25 !

I've done Chi - Lymington or Yarmouth quite a few times in the Anderson 22, and for that matter Poole quay to Chichester, in single hops but I'd be first to admit the conditions have to be fairly favourable unless I have a keen crew to give me a reason.

For those with Leisure 17' and Vivacity 20' twin keelers, it would be pretty good going to make Yarmouth in one hit, and I for one am trying to leave ' sailing as an endurance test ' ( far ) behind in my teeneage years, fortunately we have the time available.

I agree it's entirely feasible in one hit in the right conditions for almost any boat if they feel they have to.

Same goes for returning on the Sunday, it's not ideal but some people just haven't got the time, I know someone who really wanted to come but can't make even the Thursday - Sunday, sadly.
I could probably do it in 6-7 hours but solo on a 20 footer that is very tiring. That's assuming I still own a boat by the time this cruise goes ahead :eek: even worse, there don't appear to be any nice ones for sale to replace Live Magic in time :(

Seajet

Visit site
I could probably do it in 6-7 hours but solo on a 20 footer that is very tiring. That's assuming I still own a boat by the time this cruise goes ahead :eek: even worse, there don't appear to be any nice ones for sale to replace Live Magic in time :(

lustyd,

well I might be looking for a crew...

More for company than hard toil before the mast !

Andy

Last edited:

Ru88ell

Visit site
Please note that I've started to add names of those confirmed to post #1.

Confirmation is linked to providing PhillM with the information requested for the Spotter's Guide. See post #171

Giblets

Visit site
Ru88ell have confirmed with PhillM by PM that all my details are as last years Spotters Guide including time and place of departure.

PhillM

Visit site
Thanks for the PM’s I have got them and will get on to the guide asap. Promise.

Things are still very busy with the refit. So much so that today said to somebody that I always thought that sailing was a challenge – but I had not realised just how much of a challenge it was just to get the boat back to sea worthy and launched at the end of each winter.

I have been so short of time, I turned the bottom draw of my office desk into a mini-varnishing station. So far I have got away with 6 coats onto several small pieces but I now need to work out how to smuggle the spinnaker pole in and hide it from the building caretakers while I get it rubbed down and varnished.

I have even convinced the staff that those “paint” smells are coming from outside – must be someone painting a local building – tbh, I’m not convinced they believe me, but so far nobody has turned me in.

gallan947

Visit site
Another participant who's just joined the fleet is gallan947, with his Hunter Horizon 23 coming from Portsmouth on the Friday, returning on Monday.

Beat me to it :) - Yes please include me! - will sort out names addys, pics etc this weekend if thats ok? - in the meanwhile the boats name is Teazy

lustyd

Visit site
Well it looks like I still have a boat so I've just PM'd Phill to confirm my details havn't changed. Must say I'm glad I won't be spending the summer on land!
Cheers
Dave

PhillM

Visit site
Calling all pics and details for the spotters guide. We shall start to put this together this week so if you have not already sent me ingo, please pm me with your details.

Giblets

Visit site
Well it looks like I still have a boat so I've just PM'd Phill to confirm my details havn't changed. Must say I'm glad I won't be spending the summer on land!
Cheers
Dave

Does this mean I shall have to add extra ballast to my little boat to slow it down?

whistling2.gif

Last edited:

Seajet

Visit site
Hi all,

I'm in with Ru88ell

lustyd loving your interior, Dr who would have serious envy :D

Gareth

Tianna,

what sort of boat and where are you coming from please ?

Any ideas on when you'll be returning ?

If you haven't already, PhillM will require your details and a photo of your boat please.

Andy