Scuttlebutt Solent to Poole Cruise - Spring 2013

chubby

www.flickr.com
Hi folks, just catching up on the thread and begining to think of sailing plans for the season, Is a mancky old 32 ft motor sailor welcome? if so are we thinking of 25th april until the 29/30th, solent to poole, is there a limit on boat numbers or size at the venues?
Chubby

Seajet

Visit site
Hi folks, just catching up on the thread and begining to think of sailing plans for the season, Is a mancky old 32 ft motor sailor welcome? if so are we thinking of 25th april until the 29/30th, solent to poole, is there a limit on boat numbers or size at the venues?
Chubby

Hi Chubby,

no limit, let's see MoodyNicks' expression when 100 of us turn up at the Lymington stop ! :)

You are very welcome,

Andy

Puggy

Visit site
As a newbie to these, would like to come if children/dates/weather permits. Bit bigger maybe than expected (43ft) but smaller ones welcome to raft up on the outside

Seajet

Visit site
Puggy,

it is of course all very weather dependent and no-one's going to be sticking their necks out !

You are very welcome, though I suggest we speak to marina people nearer the time.

Andy

ronmarson

Visit site
I hope to have my new(?) Macwester 27 ready in time for this. I am heading for Galway West of Ireland and this would be a great start to what I hope will be a slow trip, stopping at all the pubs, sorry, sorry, all the ports between Kemps Quay and Galway Bay Sailing club.
Count me in please.
Capt. RoN
PS. All you guys doing all the work deserve a medal.

Seajet

Visit site
I hope to have my new(?) Macwester 27 ready in time for this. I am heading for Galway West of Ireland and this would be a great start to what I hope will be a slow trip, stopping at all the pubs, sorry, sorry, all the ports between Kemps Quay and Galway Bay Sailing club.
Count me in please.
Capt. RoN
PS. All you guys doing all the work deserve a medal.

Hi Ron,

you're in then !

Please note it's all weather dependent, I always feel a bit uneasy planning in advance to a schedule.

In case they don't see it I'll pass on your kind comments to PhillM and Ru88el who are doing all the real organsing.

Lady In Bed,

Ta for that, I've found Poole the sort of place one really needs an almanac or local tide tabe, especially if going up to Wareham; I used to nip into Piplers chandlery on the quay but that's a long walk round now.

Andy

Seajet

Visit site
Can I just check the dates before booking leave, i am sure it is somewhere in thr thread but just want to check the latest ?

Hi Chubby,

the grand plan is for those boats leaving Chichester harbour to set off on Thursday 25th April, staying at East Cowes Marina, then Lymingtons' Berthon Marina on Friday, Poole Town Quay on the Saturday.

Everyone to return as they and the weather see fit, some including me hope to stay on a bit longer to visit Wareham and South Deep.

Andy

Mudisox

Visit site
Just caught this thread.
Definite maybe from Me in OPUS. But will arrive from the west. Or South, but not the muddy racetrack of the Solent!

Ru88ell

Visit site
Is this where we're at with numbers so far?

PhillM
Ru88ell
Seajet
Moonshining
Giblets
Lustyd
PRV
Zagato
neilf39
Laundryman
Barryh
Simondjuk
PaulG
colhel - (raffle)
Stemar
bedouin
Chrissie
boatingworld2004
Topcat47
ATCBird
Lodds
JimDL
Newman
ronmarson

Please let me know if I've missed you

chubby

www.flickr.com
Can you add chubby on Dabchick, coming from Portsmouth to join in east cowes and likley to take acouple of days off after the weekend to enjoy the delights of Poole, Mrs Chubby threatens to join us for the weekend!

Ru88ell

Visit site
Bearing in mind how it went last year, isn't it about time PhillM commenced the collection of information a pictures for the Spotter's Guide? (at this stage I went to insert a smiley but couldn't actually work out which was which)

Ru88ell

Visit site
You are quite right, the date of this adventure is a bit obscure. It needs to be added to the top of Ru88ell's list (#133) of Runner & Riders and carried forwards each time.

Keep checking post #1 for the factual information.

lenseman

www.dswmarineengineering.com
Please register your interest for this. We don't have a date yet, but as soon as Phillm gets a 2013 almanac . . . . .

Well SeaJet seems to have a date and a set of locations and a number of forum members seem to think, me included that these are the dates. See thread #130:

Hi Chubby,

the grand plan is for those boats leaving Chichester harbour to set off on Thursday 25th April, staying at East Cowes Marina, then Lymingtons' Berthon Marina on Friday, Poole Town Quay on the Saturday.

Everyone to return as they and the weather see fit, some including me hope to stay on a bit longer to visit Wareham and South Deep.

Andy

Confuzzled from "Go Sport" ?