Scottish East Coast marinas

cherod

Visit site
He must have found an alternative use for boat stilts. ?
in the interest of accuracy and for those who may be interested i checked the distance this morning , it being a mere 9 / 10 of a mile by road or if one should need to take the short cut along the shore line , ( dont worry there is a good path ) , a saving of just over 1 / 10 of a mile can be made ,,, making it just under 8 /10 of a mile , paltry saving i agree tho to some apparently a significant saving . i do not speak for everyone but i would assume that is not too far for most who are not physically or spatially challenged , our " friend " suggests that the average person would walk at 3 or 4 mph, so a 10 / 15 minute walk it should be . :)

Last edited:

cherod

Visit site
Yup, after 40+ years of admiring Peterhead, and mobbing/demobbing on & off of ROVSV & DSV's there, I've found little to grab my attention, since the prison closed anyway!

Went to a funeral there last year though.
gang canny loon ,, the prison has certainly not closed !!:eek:

dgadee

Visit site
That's interesting, I'd always been under the impression that Aberdeen Harbour discouraged any non-commercial activity.
Which quay were you on? It's a harbour I know very well, and is blessed with some very fine pubs & restaurants, as well as quite a few that aren't!

Arbroath was closed and I didn't want to go backwards, so I called up Aberdeen and they said, yes, but I might have to wait. I was outside for over an hour until they slipped me in between two service boats. I think it was the middle section. I was going to go alongside pontoons but an old boy told me to tie up to a work barge. Friend who lived in Aberdeen said he had never seen a yacht in the harbour.

I always believe in chancing things. I have been flung out of other commercial harbours - but it's the luck of the draw on attitude of who is in charge. Italians in gold braid are the worst.

jamie N

Visit site
gang canny loon ,, the prison has certainly not closed !!:eek:
Yup, you're right! The posh new place being called HMP Grampian confused me. It looks quite inviting!
For some reason I thought that it was down the road in Aberdeen now?
In the 80's, on a dreich January day, struggling to repair a buggered ROV on the back deck of a piece of junk DSV (don't know which one, there were loads of them then), Peterhead prison looked thoroughly in place and apt for the mood of the place.
Anyone remember the 'Union Bar' just up towards the centre?