Scarborough Sloop/John A Ley

Visit site
I am trying to locate owners/previous owners of Scarborough Sloops designed and built by John A Ley of Scarborough (surprise!) in the 1950's. Does anyone know of the location of boats/owners that may be interested in making contact with other owners?

Many thanks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maverick2911

Visit site
The german Wilfried Erdmann sailed his 25-foot Sloop "Kathena" build by John A. Ley of Scarborough around the world, back in 1966-68. He became the first german to circumnavigate singlehanded and sailed around the globe three more times, two times nonstop (but on a bigger boat, of course!).
After the first circumnavigation he sold Kathena. After many years on the Biggesee (Lake) in Germany she was again sold in 2003. I don't know where she is right now, but I'm trying to find her.

If you want Pictures just mail me: mail@johannes-erdmann.com

I'd really appreciate to see a picture of your sloop built by John A. Ley, as well.

fair winds,

Johannes

David Carrick

Visit site
Owners of scarborough sloops

I am trying to locate owners/previous owners of Scarborough Sloops designed and built by John A Ley of Scarborough (surprise!) in the 1950's. Does anyone know of the location of boats/owners that may be interested in making contact with other owners?

Many thanks /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hello
my father was owner of Scarborough sloop Fay 'A.' in the 1950s she was sold on to owners who sailed her out of Bridlington,i can give you more details if required.I can remember the names of most of the Scarborough sloops and the scarborough 26s,John A. Ley was a fine boat builder and architect.He also built for my father a drop keel sloop called 'Kathena' who is steeped in history,i have recently received interesting details from a young man in Germany,regarding her.
Regards
David Carrick

Last edited: