Sailing to France

deep denial

Visit site
Has anyone sailed over to Cherbourg since the new quarantine business? I was wondering how seriously they take it? How do they know you’ve come from UK? Do they follow it up? In 15 years of sailing to Cherbourg I’ve never been approached on arrival by any border officials, and am hoping that hasn’t changed.

deep denial

Visit site
Are you saying "I only care about respecting the measures put in place to limit the spread of the current pandemic if I'll get into trouble for not doing so"? Apologies if not and please do correct me but that's the way it might appear to some
That’s exactly what I mean. The French quarantine measures have only been put in place as a political tit for tat, not because anyone thinks they are of any value. Besides, even if that were not the case as I have had the virus I’m not going to be a danger to anyone.

James_Calvert

Visit site
Do bear in mind that you are traveling against FCO advice and therefore your travel insurance is most likely void.
Fair comment but travelling in your own yacht, what circumstances or perils would you expect travel insurance to cover?

EHIC is still valid for the moment isn't it?

Sea Devil

www.michaelbriant.com
Fair comment but travelling in your own yacht, what circumstances or perils would you expect travel insurance to cover?

EHIC is still valid for the moment isn't it?
I spoke to the Office of Pensions and Health a few days ago and they assured me that the EHIC will still be valid after 2020 although possible with a new name... Travel Insurance when sailing????