Sailing opportunities sought, South West UK

Celyn01

Visit site
Hi I'm an older lady, 65, fit and healthy, seeking sailing opportunities on the south coast or abroad. I live near Taunton, Somerset. I've got my CC (a while ago now) and have sailed yachts in the Med and Caribbean, probably about 7 or 8 weeks in total. Good at making tea at a 45 degree angle!

RollingStone

Visit site
Hello I am male, 69 with a boat currently on Isle of Wight. Although I have ambitions regarding distant voyages, I unfortunately suffered a small injury in the boatyard and am only fit for light sailing for the next 6 weeks or so. I am still hoping to escape southwards later in the year, circumstances permitting.

So I am currently looking for IMG_20230622_234858_885.jpgcrew for a bit of local sailing in Solent and south coast. I am quite familiar with many nice anchorages and passages in the area.

I can let you have full info about myself and the boat and overall situation if you are interested and available.

Thanks
Leon
SV Rolling Stone

Celyn01

Visit site
Hi Leon, many thanks for your response. I'm certainly interested in finding out more about you and the boat so please send info... happy to do the same when I hear back from you. Best wishes, Holly

RollingStone

Visit site
Hi Leon, many thanks for your response. I'm certainly interested in finding out more about you and the boat so please send info... happy to do the same when I hear back from you. Best wishes, Holly
Hi Holly, a bit annoying but I can't send a private message- the system won't allow it as I have not made enough posts!
I don't really want to put all my personal details on here: I wrote a whole long message with all my stuff.

Anyway check out Sailing Rolling Stone – Sea Sailing Singing Sunshine Summer Swimming Sand Acupuncture…. which will give you some idea about the boat (there's a brief biog) and Google will find you my work site with more info. My gmail address is just my name, all-in-one. Drop me a line and I will send you the message I just wrote with my plans etc.

Cheers

Leon Berrange
SV Rolling Stone

KeelsonGraham

Visit site
Hi Holly, in the first instance, you can come and try a day sail with us from Plymouth if you’d like. We’re a couple about the same age as you. (34ft, 2 berth sloop). If we click, then I’m sure there’ll be lots of opportunities for sailing.

Graham

Last edited:

Mudisox

Visit site
Hi I'm an older lady, 65, fit and healthy, seeking sailing opportunities on the south coast or abroad. I live near Taunton, Somerset. I've got my CC (a while ago now) and have sailed yachts in the Med and Caribbean, probably about 7 or 8 weeks in total. Good at making tea at a 45 degree angle!
If you are still looking, I have need for someone else to come to Brittany in 2024. PM me if interested. Don't do 45 deg sailing though.