Sail cleaner/laundry in Hamble area?

wonkywinch

Visit site
Can anyone recommend a sail laundry in/around Hamble. Elvstrom sails so might just drop them in there but I think Andy just farms them out once a week anyhow. A 38 foot AWB if that makes a difference.

Caladh

Visit site

ashtead

Visit site
Once there was a posh sail cleaner near hamble with rolllers etc but they disappeared , you could watch the process but it seems a monopoly wholseller in Tiptop as said based I thought in waterlooville maybe?

wonkywinch

Visit site
Been calling Andy at Elvstrom on an almost weekly basis but they never pick up their landline. I wanted to drop the sails off for a once over & clean but he must be busy but strange they don't even have a voicemail (023 8045 0430). Are they still in business?

Goldie

Visit site
I don’t think Tiptop take private customers

That was certainly the case when I was based in the area a few years ago. Most of the chandlers and sailmakers seemed to use Tiptop and prices are charged by weight so it was a case of phoning around the sailmakers and chandlers for the lowest £/kg and dropping the sails with the outfit offering the best price.

The best price I found then was with Arthur’s chandlery in Gosport but I don’t think they’re still trading.

jaminb

Visit site
Nicky Octon NJO sails at Shamrock Quay sorted mine for me. I think she sends the sails away to be valeted but she tidied up the stitching and put a new sacrificial strip on the genny.

wonkywinch

Visit site
Tip Top's website makes it clear they are trade only but have a useful "find your nearest agent" by postcode/area map. Unfortunately for me, it's Evlstrom who are not picking up their phone. Will walk down there tomorrow to see if their line has been cut :p

VicS

Visit site
Tip Top's website makes it clear they are trade only but have a useful "find your nearest agent" by postcode/area map. Unfortunately for me, it's Evlstrom who are not picking up their phone. Will walk down there tomorrow to see if their line has been cut :p
But there are 7 others in the Hamble area shown on Tip Top's website

Dont enter your location/postcode. Just select "south" as the category and the map will show all the trade partners from Poole to Brighton

wonkywinch

Visit site
Thanks Vic. I've spoken to someone now. Apparently Andy has left Elvstrom and the loft is currently dormant whilst the Danes sort something out.