Sadler 25 upgrades and general wittering

Concerto

Visit site
Welcome to the Medway with your Sadler 25. I am not a member of MYC any more but know it well.

Most of your queries have been answered, but felt I should add a few comments.

For all your sail and canvas work, Wilkinsons are good and competatively priced compared to some of the major sailmakers.

Not sure what your problem with the wiring for the autopilot. I presume you have a tiller pilot and all that requires is a power cable, so little problem on the supply side. Tiller pilots are well know for problems caused by water ingress. Initially check all connections are clean as they can get corroded.

Your sten gland could be one of many types. This web page should assist you with identification and remedy. I suspect you may have a greaser type and the core packing may need changing and fresh grease. Alternatively it may be a water lubricated seal and it is at the end of its life.
Stern glands

Most boat builders did not use varnish on interior woodwork, but a lacquer. Westerly and many other builders used Morrells 450 acid catalyst low odour high build up lacquer with a 30% sheen. This is only available from a Morrells trade counter, the nearest is in Aylesford. It is not a stock item at the counter but can be ordered for collection the next day. The minimum quantity is 5 litres and with 5 litres of thinners last year cost just under £60.
Morrells | 450 Low Odour High Build Acid-Catalyst Lacquer The interior of my Fulmar has been stripped back to bare wood and relacquered with 3 brushed coats. These 2 links should assist you if you want to do this.
https://wiki.westerly-owners.co.uk/images/2/25/Interior_Woodwork_Concerto_PowerPoint.pdf
This video shows my boat and the almost completed interior woodwork.

For exterior woodwork my preference of varnish is a traditional oil based varnish, Le Tonkinoise Marine No.1. It is not the hardest varnish but does bring out the colour of the wood and if damaged it is very easy to touch in. This is only available by mail order.
Le Tonkinois

If you look at my About Me page on this forum you will find a lot of other links to information I have online including repairs and sailing.

Hope you get lots of pleasure from your boat.

steve yates

Visit site
Is it movement of the foredeck or is it a bit soft/flexing? I dont know if sadlers have cored decks but if so then water ingress from deckfittings could be causing this. Plenty vids on YouTube about replacing deck sections if it was the case.