Roller headsail demise

DanTribe

Visit site
My antique Colnebrook furling gear has spat out some ball bearings onto the deck.I suspect that this is a terminal condition but I would like to try to do an emergency repair to get to the end of the season.
Does anyone have a diagram or info showing how they are assembled?
I attempted to dismantle the drum but can't see how to get access to the forestay terminal.
Help please.

<hr width=100% size=1>

SteveA

Visit site
If this is a Colnebrook Seareef I think the way of getting to the forestay terminal is to unscrew the 6 S/S screws that hold the black sleeve to the foil and the screws that fasten the sleeve to the top of the drum and then you should be able to lift the sleeve up to expose the terminal. If its the same as ours to dismantle the drum the forestay has to be taken off!
I've got some drawings and info on the boat but I'm at work at present - if you would like this info I should be able to get it before next weekend.
SteveA

<hr width=100% size=1>

DanTribe

Visit site
Thanks Steve, any dwgs or info would be much appreciated, but don't make a special journey.
I hope your wrong about removing the forestay as I was rather hoping not to have to take the mast out!
My unit has only 4 s/s set screws holding foil to drum, so perhaps not exactly the same model.
Dan

<hr width=100% size=1>

SteveA

Visit site
Dan,

Next time I go aboard I'll get a couple of photos and the exact model fitted to our yacht. Looking at your profile there is a good possibility it is the same as our yacht is a 36' ketch.

It would be possible to do the job but would involve using the genny halyard as the forestay while doing it.

Steve.

<hr width=100% size=1>