RM Factory visit (Lots of Photos)

georgeo

Visit site
Hi, I too am in the fortunate position of having an RM on order, but the 880s bigger sister, the 1050. i concur with everything Richard has said (and indeed, we have communicated regularly about all of this). Having looked long and hard at the market, i was about to go for a dutch boat (a saffier 32) when i spotted a small article in one of the maggies about a French manufacturer producing novel craft which were fast, practicable and could take the ground. Further research and visits to st malo (plus trial sails) led to my order, due for delivery next May. The RMs seem ideal for my home waters and indeed the majority seem based in brittany and Normandy. There is a very active and helpful association. As for wine storage- the owner of the 1050 who showed me his boat keeps his substantial store under the floor boards next to the keel bolts "perfect storage temperature" he says.

rwoofer

Visit site
Re: OK, am I the only one! - How much?

The basic cost is about £55k inc VAT.

A bit more than your Bavs etc. but in a completely different class as well. You can get the full details from Jamie Coombs at Portway who is the UK agent - jamie.coombes@portway.co.uk, 07841 783 556.

He'll be very happy to assist, I'm sure.

Becky

Visit site

knowing that you were changing to one of these yachts, I kept an eye out for them on holiday. And to be honest, there are a lot around in French marinas already. They look good on the water, and there is no doubt that the main attraction is that they are FAST.

I am sure you will have a lot of fun in her. Just hhhpe that she comes to Haslar, so I can have a grand showing /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Best of luck, and best wishes when you finally get her.

rwoofer

Visit site

La Rochelle is their home port and since you were there I'm sure you saw loads. At least 3/4 RM 880s in Minimes.

Actually wonder if we were there at the same time - 13/14th July?

It's coming to Haslar, so you are very welcome to have a look around or you will get an earlier look at SBS.