Restoiring a Skipper 14....Advices

Swinranger

Visit site
Missing photos

I'm not sure why you can't see the photos, I've checked with 2 different computers and can see them ok.
Perhaps one of the more technically minded forumites can suggest a solution?

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
They really aren't that heavy. The construction is very light; look at the manual - they were designed for car topping. Having said that, after a couple of years my folks bought the Skipper trailer... ;)

So was the Heron; my Mum and Dad used to carry one that way sometimes. As I recall (I was about 5 at the time) the trick was to stand it on its transom and then roll it onto the car roof (a 1950's Rover!). The gunter rig means all the spars fitted inside the boat, under the thwarts.

However, I wouldn't like to try and carry a Heron any distance!

Achab338

Visit site
Too Thin Skin

In Spain we use to say "Better one red than two hundred yellow".....the extremely weakness of the hull made us to remove gelcoat from the entire bottom in order to laminate with 15 kg of polyester resin in 3 layers: 1 matt+1 roving + 1 matt.

Achab338

Visit site
Imagen%20031.jpg

Achab338

Visit site
Sorry for to be so clumsy

More pictures at last..............laminating with fiberglass and polyester resin and removing timber (iroko) from the desk to be sand,

Panache2010

Visit site
So was the Heron; my Mum and Dad used to carry one that way sometimes. As I recall (I was about 5 at the time) the trick was to stand it on its transom and then roll it onto the car roof (a 1950's Rover!). The gunter rig means all the spars fitted inside the boat, under the thwarts.

However, I wouldn't like to try and carry a Heron any distance!

My folks had one when I was little too, and a heron after that, but the best boat for car topping as I recall was the Mail boat- it was dad's first sail boat and we learnt in it as kids- cathedal hull, completey made of polystyrene, light as a feather but didnt point too well as I recall, happy dayz!:rolleyes:

Sire

Visit site
Yes, excellent! It is interesting to see that the layout of yours is slightly different to the one we had, ours had a rather clumsy locker "picnic basket" at the back.

(I can't see the pictures you've put in your post In the Begining.......I bought the boat though?)