Request to Forum Admin to remove marklow video thread

ChartScrubba

Visit site
Yes, I understand that your trials with Trader were a total farce. But you post suggested that there had already been issues with the Marlow and that this was the final straw. Or are you tarnishing the Marlow with TC's brush?

I think you are over reacting on this front. I am impressed with your handling of the Trader affair, but to throw your rattle out of your pram over a polite request to remove a video is a bit OTT.

ChartScrubba

Visit site
See, I knew I was conversing at your level. I do feel it will take some time to have a conversation like this though dear boy, perhaps we should give up.

(BTW, never as funny second hand - at least try to come up with your own insults eh?)

ChrisChevey

Visit site
Inside information
1. The Lady on the Marlow is a press officer not boaty, she was told by the Penarth bunch to vet the interested parties and only let people on who could afford the Marlow so that’s most of us out
2. The stainless rails were not very good quality and after some serious polishing pitting holes still snagged the cloths,
3. the cleats are electro plated and have rubbed through this plating they are already
( tarnished )
4. A new grab rail was fitted and could not be securely fitted to the boat, every time the tension was increased on the bolt heads with large washers a nasty cracking crushing sound was heard, the originals were drilled and filled with a resin when this hardened it set within the foam, just like thermal building blocks they hold up cupboards pretty well until they get a sudden hard wallop then they turn trifle
5. The boat had lots of over spray over it which took some time to remove it was everywhere
6. The resin gel finish did not completely reach the port holes or rope holes ( or what ever they are called) in places, this was visible from the pontoon I also spotted this myself

However Paul Video was very good and did impress me after knowing these problems exists apparently there had to work their nuts off to get this boat ship shape- ish what would worry me now is what else lurks beneath, /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Re: Yeah right! And what if....

I have no intention on missing out on owning a Marlow.

Nor has my opinion of David Marlow changed one jot - I admire and respect the man.

I just have no intention of buying one in the UK and have always fancied a time for living overseas for a stretch.

My opinion of the boat is the same - in fact it grows with each visit to one.

It is no wind up.

My original plan was to buy one overseas and spend time overseas one day returning to the UK with it. The only reason I changed that plan was to help someone establish a dealership in this country.

So I am not cutting off my nose to spite my face here. I am reverting to my original plan.

benjenbav

Visit site

That's the spirit. You had me worried there for a moment....I thought you'd gone all sensible and weren't going to buy a boat at all.

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
ChartScribba
I can see your point but its not like that.

I am simply opting out of a situation that i do not like - I have every intention of buying a Marlow but now want to get to grips with the points of ChrisChevvy.

Nautical

www.outerreefyachts.com
Sorry to butt in, but why not get it over with and just buy a Fleming, job done! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Speak to Tony Fleming, you'll wonder why all boats aren't built that way, incredible attention to detail and best engineering this side of a Nordhavn anywhere.

Major Catastrophe

Visit site

WELCOME TO THE MARLOW YACHT

1435246292_4e67868c04_o.jpg

Your PM box is full, so I will post my PM here.

Paul!

No, no, no, no! Please don't tell me you have cancelled the order. Please.

It is a superb boat and they are just being idiots, nothing more, nothing less. The 'Warning' notice was an indication of that, but they will learn.

Chris

More Editing:

Good, you are still going for the Marlow, but a US built one.

Sammo

Visit site
I watched the video and after a shaky start it settled down and gave a good account of the boat and it`s fittings…in fact I enjoyed it so much I watched it twice…it was very matter-of-fact and I saw nothing in it that wouldn’t please the owner or the agent…..

perhaps it just brought to the boil a pot that has been bubbling for awhile….I hope it can be resolved ….

maybh1

Visit site
Unfortunately we did not get around to seeing the video - its one of the things that we were looking forward to doing when we had a moment to sit down together.

We made two visits to the Boat Show specifically to view this boat. After the second visit we came to the conclusion that this was the next boat for us (when we could afford it) but we would buy from abroad. Enough said.

D

Deleted User YDKXO

The Fleming 55 is a totally fab boat but @ £800k + VAT base price, it appears to be a lot more expensive than the Marlow 57 @ £650k + VAT base price. The reason I say 'appears' is that I don't know what's included in the base price of each boat but the Marlow does seem to include pretty much everything
Then the Marlow 57 is a beamier boat than the F55 which really shows in the accomodation and the killer point, at least for SWMBO and I, is the full beam midships master cabin in the Marlow which makes the forward master cabin of the Fleming feel decidedly poky
In terms of engineering, the Marlow seems to be on a par with the Fleming although the Fleming has been built for many more years which IMHO, gives it a more proven pedigree. One slight misgiving I have with Marlow is that they have only been building boats since 1998 and 9 yrs is not long enough for any long term problems with their very modern hull lay up technology to appear. Also they seem to have expanded at a very rapid rate which invariably leads to quality control probs