Request to Forum Admin to remove marklow video thread

Sundays_Child

Visit site
I had contained myself earlier.

With your subsequent post, this is no longer an issue.

You are an incredible ambassador to the marque and Mr. Marlow should be seething about this. Perfection isn't only product related, it's an experience (sorry for that, but I design, produce and sell, and it's true).

DON'T LET THEM DIMINISH YOUR EXPERIENCE.

You will end up with a great boat. And they will grow up a little. They owe you. Had you been inclined, you would have taken the dealership yourself. They were introduced to a great product, got an initial sale, and proceeded to tarnish a super product.

Shame on them Mr. Marlow.

Magnum

RIP
Visit site
Perhaps Gludy could tell us? No need to go into detail, but right now I can't think of a reason why a dealer would request the withdrawal of a very complimentary video along with lots of positive comments AND upset one of its new customers too, especially as he hasn't had his boat yet /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

rubberduck

www.atlas-courier-express.co.uk
[ QUOTE ]
They had obviously seen the thread then?
And are no doubt reading this one?
It would be interesting if "THEY" would care to pass comment?

Interested in Wales.
Rob

[/ QUOTE ]

& a very curious duck. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

EME

www.lumishore.com
Call me ------DAMN !!

If you can not who can ???

But never name a work-of-art after your wife !!!!

Methinks it was a 9' AFTM 4-7 ....

alas it was despatched to the underworld .

I used it as my Mid-River rod ... 'Bit of Length and Soft' ... especially at night.

( This thread should be canned , it was a GREAT rod ...( for folks of a certain age !!) Gludy may get his due respect !)

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com
Re: Call me ------DAMN !!

And she is no longer my wife to boot! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif
That was my favourite rod of the lot.
What section is broken?

MapisM

Visit site
Yeah right! And what if....

Blimey, I was aware of how hectic people working in the boating industry can get, but this is pure masochism!...
You possibly remember that I was one of the very few - maybe the only one - to justify/understand their approach at SIBS, with the only exception of a comment re.that stupid "warning" notice.
Now, their request to remove the video, without giving you - or without allowing you to give us anyway - any reasonable explanation, that is simply crazy.
Did these amateurs consider that, out of those hundreds of people who looked at the video, some of them could have downloaded it?
So, what if someone would publish the video again, with or without your permission?
Would they initiate a legal action? Against who?
And why? Just to further amplify such negative image?
I'm tempted...
Marlow57E.jpg

KCook

needsabeach.com
Re: Yeah right! And what if....

Err, nobody seems to have brought it up, so I will .... is this possibly an issue with the owner of this particular boat? Not so much the agent?

back to my bunker,
Kelly

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com

No its because they plan one of those 360 degree panorama that will look better!!!
This is the message I got tonight
[ QUOTE ]
Thank you for removing the home video as requested.

For your information Explorer Yachts are in the process of producing a professional 360º panorama of the entire boat. This will allow everyone the opportunity the view the Marlow 57E at their leisure.

I will let you know as soon as the Marlow Yacht web page is ready to be launched.

[/ QUOTE ]

Such 360 degree stuff is standard and comes without commentory or maybe any passion but some think that is marketing.

I am about to retire from a long business career and I can promise you that for success passion is needed as well as a lot of hard work.

This episode has truly removed the joy away from the process of buying this boat.

rubberduck

www.atlas-courier-express.co.uk

Rubberduck was also there, (a bit smaller maybe, well OK, tiny by comparison). I would be chuffed if my boat got so much attention.(so long as it doesnt include nicking the TV remotes. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

1971Lou

N/A
Visit site

tell them to [--word removed--] off. the attitude of some at the show was bad i ended up in an argument with one lot because i was trying to get on a £100000 boat and they thought i didn't have the money i told them where to go because it cost me to get in why show the [--word removed--] boat then. not the 34 by the way they were very nice even though i can only afford second hand which i told them

KCook

needsabeach.com

Thank you very much for the clarification Paul. At this point all I can say is that the trade at the yacht level seems to have its odd moments!

Kelly

jfm

Visit site

Gludy, who are "Explorer Yachts" who are kicking up this fuss? Are they the dealership in Wales (ie the ex Trader dealership) from whom you're buying your boat, or are they David Marlow's company in the US?

Strange behaviour from them. The thread on here was about as effusively complimentary of DM's boat as is possible - no boat on these forums has received such 99.9% praise afai can remeber. They can do a 360jobbie if they want, but your video was better.

I don't understand the rules. Why don't you/can't you tellem to sord off? Do they have some image rights over the 57 or something?

photodog

Lord High Commander of Upper Broughton and Gunthor
Visit site

Just so you know, You shot that video in a public place, (Even if it was on private property,) and you own the copyright on the vid...they dont have any legal basis upon which they can restrict your use of the video in any way.

Thats how I see it anyway.....