Request to Forum Admin to remove marklow video thread

Talbot

Visit site
Re: Yeah right! And what if....

Personally, If I was in your situation I would not purchase through an importer unless I was very happy with them, especially after your previous experience. This new episode would make me very skittish about a purchase from them, and I would be looking at alternative sources, even abroad.

You have my entire sympathy.

You dont think this is a message from above that you need to buy a big sailing boat instead??

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

B175Chris

Visit site

Whereas I agree this is ridiculous and it would be great to tell them where to get off...

There are certain people you should never piss off:-

Your hairdresser
The person who prepares/cooks your food
The person who makes your boat

I would have given in too /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

D

Deleted User YDKXO

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps the owner doesn't want his boat viewed by too many people

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmm, I was wondering about that too. Praps the owner of Dynasty had a specific contract with Marlow to exhibit at SIBS but is'nt too happy about every detail being plastered over the internet. Could be for any reason, grasping ex wife for example wondering where he got the dosh from /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

1971Lou

N/A
Visit site

how about not pissing off the person paying for the boat. i think that makes more sense. are these people bone heads or what. they have upset glupy and that is not the way to do things. if i won the lottery tomorrow i would not go near them end of story. in fact the more i get into thos boat stuff the more bone head up there arse dealers i see ok when money is flowing but when it gets tight people will drop them like a stone i hope

petem

www.fairlineownersclub.com
Being Devil's advocate, if I caught one of our potential (or actual) customers making d.i.y. promotional presentations to other potential customers, especially on the web and making all kinds of claims about our products, I wouldn't be too chuffed.

Pete

D

Deleted User YDKXO

I was told the boat had already been delivered to an owner in Scotland and had motored to SIBS just for the show. Apparently the delivery crew forgot about stowing the cushions for the seats in front of the Portugese bridge and lost them overboard. Maybe owner was already pissed with Marlow UK before learning about gludy's vid

benjenbav

Visit site

[ QUOTE ]
This episode has truly removed the joy away from the process of buying this boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't let them spoil your pleasure in getting the boat you want.

1971Lou

N/A
Visit site
what is the difference from verbal and visual. only that one is pictures and one words. there is anough bollox spouted on here already. i didn't see the film but if glupy was spouting bollox then he deserved to be told off if not what is the difference. get a life

B175Chris

Visit site

I never said i agreed with the dealers... it does seem very 'bone-headed' i agree and upsetting clients and potential cutomers is not the way to go about business!

However, you would think they would comment for themselves and defend their corner /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Gludy

www.sailingvideos4us.com

Explorer yachts are the renamed Trader Yachts Wales a company I have always spoken up for and supported.

Marlow have no financial interest in them as far as I know - they are an independent concern.

The rules are that I could have told them to 'go away' but chose instead to do as they asked and then take the ultimate action that I can take in the circumstances. It has cost them my order.

That was not the only order they were handed on a plate either. I arranged a very comfortable start up.

I have no intention of doing any other damage than to remove my business. The way this is going their self inflicted damage is greater than anything I can do.

Magnum

RIP
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Being Devil's advocate, if I caught one of our potential (or actual) customers making d.i.y. promotional presentations to other potential customers, especially on the web and making all kinds of claims about our products, I wouldn't be too chuffed.

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]
Why not? Did Princess complain when I posted umpteen in-build shots of the 42 and 67? No, because people like seeing those kinds of piccies and it's free advertising.

I just don't get it.

Magnum

RIP
Visit site

I'm really sorry to hear that Paul /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But, I wouldn't give those muppets 10p of my hard earned. Just think what they'll be like to deal with after they've had your cash.

petem

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Pete

[/ QUOTE ]
Why not? Did Princess complain when I posted umpteen in-build shots of the 42 and 67? No, because people like seeing those kinds of piccies and it's free advertising.

I just don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry Magnum but that's completely different and you know it is.

Pete

petem

I only saw the first 30 seconds of Paul's video (it was breaking up - crap broad band connection or crap computer) but within that 30 seconds there were statements regarding the thickness of the hull and the revolutionary (unique/proprietary to Marlow) material that the cappings (I think that;s what they're called) were constructed from. Furthermore the tone of the video was definitely promotional.

Your pictures were of a (cracking) boat in build, that's all. Nothing unusual about that.

Pete

1971Lou

N/A
Visit site
what is going on is that a guy with a load of hard earned money is trying to buy one of the best boats around but the bone head dealers in england have pissed him off and now he is not buying it. simple really. plus the brand is getting a bad name and others will think twice or not even get involved with them. glup even went to america to see the bloody thing i would be very pissed off as well. he has been so excited about and even did a free video that i didnt see. these people do not have a clu better they get their heads out of their arses and see the real world. marlow will be a dead duck in the uk now. if i was the manufacturer i would be more than a little worried word spreads very quickly

Magnum

RIP
Visit site
Fair comment but I don't think anything Paul said was untrue and it was all positive. I just don't see why it was an issue. If I was the Marlow agent I would have been over the moon with the publicity.