Request for help – Drugs Importation via Boats & Planes.

sailorman

Visit site
A letter from the Essex Police which is self-explanatory

"Organised Crime Groups – Drugs Importation via Boats & Planes.

The purpose of this letter is to raise awareness of an issue relating to Organised Crime Groups and the importation of controlled substances.
Essex Police are aware that criminals around the Tendring coastline are using boats and small planes to drop off drugs on the mud banks. These packages are then collected by the criminal gangs and brought ashore and thus avoiding the chances of being stopped by Customs at a port and losing their shipments. These controlled drugs are then distributed and sold within the community of Essex and beyond.
As part of our commitment to tackling organised crime, we are writing to the local Marinas and boating community to ask for your support in identifying potential suspicious behaviour so that we can work together to protect our Community.
You will undoubtedly be aware of the detrimental effects, misery and harm that drugs bring, not only to our wider communities but, in particular, to those vulnerable individuals within society.

How can you help

There are a number of signs to look for which may be indicators that these criminal activities are taking place.

Signs to look for

➢ Light aircraft making several slow passes over the same strip of coastline
➢ Packages being seen thrown or dropped out of these planes
➢ Mid-sized or small boats approach stretches of the coastline and drop packages over the side
➢ Suspects are seen with binoculars looking out in the same areas where the planes or boats have been visiting
➢ Small boats are launched near to these locations from the back of a trailer or small boats leave local marinas about the same time as the small planes and boats are seen as above.
➢ Suspicious night-time activity
➢ General suspicious behaviour

Police will always look to work with the boating community, and we are grateful for your support.

Should you have any suspicions or concerns please report them to Essex Police via “101”. You can also report anonymously to CrimeStoppers at crimestoppers-uk.org on 0800 555 111.

Regards
Steve Davey
Prevent & Protect OCG Officer
Essex Police"

Well worth helping chaps
Bdo the nbourder farce know

sailorman

Visit site
A letter from the Essex Police which is self-explanatory

"Organised Crime Groups – Drugs Importation via Boats & Planes.

The purpose of this letter is to raise awareness of an issue relating to Organised Crime Groups and the importation of controlled substances.
Essex Police are aware that criminals around the Tendring coastline are using boats and small planes to drop off drugs on the mud banks. These packages are then collected by the criminal gangs and brought ashore and thus avoiding the chances of being stopped by Customs at a port and losing their shipments. These controlled drugs are then distributed and sold within the community of Essex and beyond.
As part of our commitment to tackling organised crime, we are writing to the local Marinas and boating community to ask for your support in identifying potential suspicious behaviour so that we can work together to protect our Community.
You will undoubtedly be aware of the detrimental effects, misery and harm that drugs bring, not only to our wider communities but, in particular, to those vulnerable individuals within society.

How can you help

There are a number of signs to look for which may be indicators that these criminal activities are taking place.

Signs to look for

➢ Light aircraft making several slow passes over the same strip of coastline
➢ Packages being seen thrown or dropped out of these planes
➢ Mid-sized or small boats approach stretches of the coastline and drop packages over the side
➢ Suspects are seen with binoculars looking out in the same areas where the planes or boats have been visiting
➢ Small boats are launched near to these locations from the back of a trailer or small boats leave local marinas about the same time as the small planes and boats are seen as above.
➢ Suspicious night-time activity
➢ General suspicious behaviour

Police will always look to work with the boating community, and we are grateful for your support.

Should you have any suspicions or concerns please report them to Essex Police via “101”. You can also report anonymously to CrimeStoppers at crimestoppers-uk.org on 0800 555 111.

Regards
Steve Davey
Prevent & Protect OCG Officer
Essex Police"

Well worth helping chaps
101 is as I understand a chargeable call number unlike most labdlines

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
I am quite happy elephants can't fly, knowing the mess geese and seagulls make of my boat and car....
But there is film by Disney, that maker of excellent wildlife documentaries, showing that Elephants can fly! I think you're in dire need of my patent, infallible elephant deterrent! Only £50 a tin, as a special offer to a respected member of the forum.

Please form an orderly queue to take advantage of this special, once in a lifetime offer!

oldharry

Visit site
But there is film by Disney, that maker of excellent wildlife documentaries, showing that Elephants can fly! I think you're in dire need of my patent, infallible elephant deterrent! Only £50 a tin, as a special offer to a respected member of the forum.

Please form an orderly queue to take advantage of this special, once in a lifetime offer!
Sorry I have my guaranteed anti - elephant Tilley hat. 100% effective in keeping elephants away, flying or otherwise. Wish it did the same for seabirds. Or the odd seahorse hunter

AntarcticPilot

www.cooperandyau.co.uk
Sorry I have my guaranteed anti - elephant Tilley hat. 100% effective in keeping elephants away, flying or otherwise. Wish it did the same for seabirds. Or the odd seahorse hunter
But it can't protect the whole boat! My 100% guaranteed, 100% effective repellent will keep your entire boat - and even the surrounding pontoons - completely clear of elephants. Success guaranteed*, or your money back!

Guarantee invalid in countries where pachyderms are endemic.

ChromeDome

Commonly in Denmark. Dizzy Too, most of the time.
Visit site
But elephants cannot get a licence to drive vehicles on the public highway------ Can they? :unsure:
Think I just saw one.. in a Beetle, right outside the pub
e0126211809f0395c3d9567bab57a430.jpg

PeterMax

Visit site
I suppose I need to check the white stuff on deck that's forever dropping from the rigging, swipe me finger through it and smell/taste it to make sure it's gull poo and did not exit a plane.
I grew up in South Africa and I can tell you those Kruger elephants can be quite intimidating, particularly if they pop out of a bush near you trumpeting loudly, and read very loud!

Daydream believer

Visit site
Just reading this post, suddenly reminded me of a story my father told me years ago, about the time he was a young child. He rushed home to tell his dad that the circus was coming to Rainham ( Essex) & would be in the field opposite their house. It had been announced, that the elephants would be arriving on a special train to Rainham station one morning. People would be able to see the trainer walk them to the circus. All part of the advertising.
My Grandfather had jokingly said -" Oh well son what you want is some elephant s..t for the garden. Makes stuff grow really well" :)
So my dad, only being about 5 or 6 years old, got up early on the day, with bucket & spade & waited ages at the station for the elephants to arrive. He then followed them along the road. Sure enough one did a giant dump. Where upon he was on it like a shot & shovelled the lot up, filling the bucket. The keeper being quite happy to see the road cleaned up.
He then went home, went into the house & proudly placed a bucket of stinking s..t in front of his dad.
I never did find out if they put it on the garden.