Request for help – Drugs Importation via Boats & Planes.

Visit site
I have heard that theory before.

Tabaco is legal.
Yet there is a thriving trade in importing and selling cigarettes with out the duty and VAT.

Alcohol is legal.
Yet there is a thriving trade in importing and selling alcohol without the duty and VAT.

Handbags are legal.
Yet there is a thriving trade in importing and selling fraudulent copies, without the duty and VAT.
I have a Theory, Conspiracy if you like, That the luxury Handbag makers LV in particular only use the real product as a advertisement ( giving them to celebrities and such)to promote the image and then make their money making thousands of knock off copies. There's no way they make money on the few real jobbies that are around.

Tomahawk

Visit site
I have a Theory, Conspiracy if you like, That the luxury Handbag makers LV in particular only use the real product as a advertisement ( giving them to celebrities and such)to promote the image and then make their money making thousands of knock off copies. There's no way they make money on the few real jobbies that are around.

Good theory.
My niece designs knitwear for a top Paris fashion house. Her designs cost a serious fortune sold officially. But everythingbis made in China at knock off manufacturing costs. Very easy to sell a handful at "fashion house" prices and lots via a different market.

Last edited:

Frayed Knot

Visit site
But elephants cannot get a licence to drive vehicles on the public highway------ Can they? :unsure:
Sorry, I know the moment’s gone, I’ve been poorly & haven’t visited for a while but just felt I had to share a memory from The Two Ronnies: “In traffic news, an elephant has been reported doing a ton on the M1. Motorists are advised to drive with caution & treat it as a roundabout .”

DownWest

Visit site
Sorry, I know the moment’s gone, I’ve been poorly & haven’t visited for a while but just felt I had to share a memory from The Two Ronnies: “In traffic news, an elephant has been reported doing a ton on the M1. Motorists are advised to drive with caution & treat it as a roundabout .”
That was a stinker!

Capt Popeye

Visit site
Might suggest that the Police would be far better off asking local Bird Watchers to report such unusuall sightings ; Bird watchers usually wear Brown / Green clothing , not the 'Must Do' Hi Vis bright clothing preferedby EssexYachting Types

Also guess that the Bird Watchers (Twitchers) are far more likely to be out all hours whatever the Tide and Wind are doing , yea bring on them Twitchers and their Binos are more powerfull that Yachtys types use

Last edited:

Kukri

East coast UK. Mostly. Sometimes the Philippines
Visit site
Might suggest that the Police would be far better off askin local Bird Watchers to report such unusuall sightings ; Bird watchers usually wear Brown / Green clothing , not the 'Must Do' Hi Vis bright clothing preferedby EssexYachting Types

Also guess that the Bird Watchers (Twitchers) are far more likely to be out all hours whatever the Tide and Wind are doing , yea bring on them Twitchers and their Binos are more powerfull that Yachys types use

Those are two very good points.

Sandy

Visit site
Might suggest that the Police would be far better off asking local Bird Watchers to report such unusuall sightings ; Bird watchers usually wear Brown / Green clothing , not the 'Must Do' Hi Vis bright clothing preferedby EssexYachting Types

Also guess that the Bird Watchers (Twitchers) are far more likely to be out all hours whatever the Tide and Wind are doing , yea bring on them Twitchers and their Binos are more powerfull that Yachtys types use
It would never work. Twichers are only interested in the 100 meters between them and the bird they are looking at. I wonder why we don't use high powered binos? Oh I remember now, they are rubbish at seeing stuff at a distance as you can't keep the subject still.

The 'Must Do', hi vis clothing is perfect cover for a couple of spies old codgers in a boat, and has lots of super pockets for gadgets.

Capt Popeye

Visit site
It would never work. Twichers are only interested in the 100 meters between them and the bird they are looking at. I wonder why we don't use high powered binos? Oh I remember now, they are rubbish at seeing stuff at a distance as you can't keep the subject still.

The 'Must Do', hi vis clothing is perfect cover for a couple of spies old codgers in a boat, and has lots of super pockets for gadgets.

Well yes most probably so ;

The 'Must Do' reference was a joke on the 'Musto' brand Hi Vis Yachting gear

chrishscorp

Visit site
You dont buy them you get them on prescription from the Dr, take the trade out of it, crime will fall and you have a self made list of idiots who need education and treatment, plus you could put a marker on the PNC so if you were stopped driving the old bill would know its worth giving you a drug test

The 'war on drugs' has not worked, try something new

Daydream believer

Visit site
You dont buy them you get them on prescription from the Dr, take the trade out of it, crime will fall and you have a self made list of idiots who need education and treatment, plus you could put a marker on the PNC so if you were stopped driving the old bill would know its worth giving you a drug test

The 'war on drugs' has not worked, try something new
Some years ago a phamacist friend of mine told me . Druggies get methadrone from the chemist & take it in front of the chemist. They then go outside puck it up & flog the vomit to other druggies. So non registered druggies could circumvent the system.

Pye_End

Visit site
Legalise it, govt supply it, tax it, kill the trade, get treatment to more users and make sure you can test and prosecute those who drug drive, it will also drive down crime figures. That is the way forward whether we agree with that or not

Been tried. Drug use goes up.

Does improve crime figures though.

Pye_End

Visit site
Yes. And consumption did not go up.

It has in Canada.

The Portugal reports are more interesting though, eg.

'At the turn of the century, Portugal was facing a crisis, including high levels of HIV infection among people who use drugs. Many impacts of reform were felt immediately: new HIV infections, drug deaths and the prison population all fell sharply within the first decade. The second decade saw slower improvement in key measures, as well as an upturn in drug deaths. However, many of these factors need to be put into context. Drug policy is still only one variable interacting with a complex mix of social, economic, cultural and political factors, and cuts to wider health provision in that period will have played a part in this. Nevertheless, Portugal is in a much better position than it was in 2001 and recorded drug use and drug deaths as a proportion of the general population are both well below the European average. '

Looks like they attacked it from several different directions and it had a useful effect, though sadly rates have been on the rise again for some years.