RemovAll for AF removal?

pvb

Visit site
RemovAll is meant to be good stuff, but you'll have the same problem with low temperature. RemovAll 620 gives best results with surface temps between 20 and 32 degC, and mustn't be used in temps lower than 4.4 degC.

Lakesailor

Visit site
All a gooky mess. I tried some horrendously expensive product on several layers of hard antifoul, even using the cover-it-in-polythene technique.
Rubbish pentration and a horrible slimy mess.
Use a 1" chisel. You'll get there in the end.

alt

Visit site
How does this stuff work? Do you just apply it, let it soak in and powerwash off or something?

I have soft antifoul on my sports cruiser that's come about 10% off - I want to get rid of it altogether but don't want to go down the scraping method - I'd let it come off naturally before i'd go scraping

david_steward

Visit site
Don't bugger about with scraping or sanding or chemicals.

Just get the local Farrow System agent to slurry blast it all off while you go to the pub.

You will be left with a nice keyed surface for the new primer/antifoul.

No backache, coughing up dust, chemical burns, eyefulls of grit etc.

Had it done on two different boats while others spent numerous weekends on theirs scraping and swearing. Best money I ever spent!

alt

Visit site
But what if one doesn't want to re-antifoul their hull? I want a smooth, shiny arse! Chemicals it is....

KAM

Visit site
Just done mine with caustic soda and wallpaper paste. Works a treat and very cheap.

alt

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Just done mine with caustic soda and wallpaper paste. Works a treat and very cheap.

[/ QUOTE ]

How did it work? 'Paint' on and leave? And wash off?

KAM

Visit site
Rollered it on one day and cleaned off the next with a mixture of pressure wash and scraping. Temp was about 7 degrees. Would probably work better in warm weather. Some thicker areas needed a second coat. It left the primer underneath unaffected.