re: aqua4gen

G

re: aqua4gen

For longdistance cruising I like to buy a towing generator.Has anyone experience with a aqua4gen? Thanks in advance.

G

Peter

I towed a generator from the Canaries to the Cape Verde Islands and then across the Atlantic to Barbados, the system worked extremely well and if it slowed me down at all I never noticed it (16 days and 6 hours to Barbados). The output was sufficient to power all domestics, and I would think that I probably achieved approx 1 amp/kt. The one thing to think about is if you want to tow a line for fishing !! Without a doubt I would recommend towing one for a long passage.

Regards

Alan M Bishop

G

Alan, Thank you very much for your answer to my question.Did you actually tow an aqua4gen or another type? Regards Peter

G

Peter

Sorry forgot to mention that I towed an Aquair generator.

Regards

Alan

G

Heard very good reports on both Aquair and Aqua4Gen with maybe the latter slightly ahead on o/p, the former easier to mount on pushpit....One point to note about the Aqua4Gen - if yours is fitted with nylon bushes for the D-shackle at generator end - LVM will replace them "FOC" with proper metal bushes - can't remember new material - the nylon ones can wear out and the D-shackle pin can be worn alarmingly thin! BTW the new bushes require removal of c.3 thousandths of an inch from their location to allow press /interference fit...