Raymarine ST60 Tridata wrong temperature

andypag

Visit site
I think this is it:
91_758.jpg

Note the the speed signal is a pulse from the Hall effect sensor.
Thanks. I've realised the version I have is analogue only. Is there any way to turn this into a seatalk or nmea signal without forking out £250 on an itc5? Surely some imaginative open source people out there have done this?

I'd happily buy a used transducer pod but the only ones I can find for sale are in the UK and in in the EU and hopping now is a horror show.

ithet

Visit site
Thanks. I've realised the version I have is analogue only. Is there any way to turn this into a seatalk or nmea signal without forking out £250 on an itc5? Surely some imaginative open source people out there have done this?

I'd happily buy a used transducer pod but the only ones I can find for sale are in the UK and in in the EU and hopping now is a horror show.

Yes. You could use something like an Arduino. Have only seen projects to do the other way (take gps speed and convert to pulse). I was looking at this myself but will probably fit one of the NASA electromagnetic transducers now which seem a complete solution - apart from still having to provide the temperature signal separately.

Another way is to have the transducer connected to one of the old instruments which will do the conversion (eg ST60 will convert to Seatalk1). Depends on what the rest of your systems are.

jackho

Visit site
I have an ST60 tridata reporting the wrong temperature (I tried to blow hot air on the transducer without appreciable change in the reported temperature).

There is a test using a known value resistor I just read about on Raymarine's support, but I am far away from my boat and I am now trying to guess if the problem is the transducer or the ST60 Tridata unit because I would like to get there next time with the part to replace.

I thought it could be only the transducer, but I might be wrong.

Has anyone had a similar problem before to help me make an educated guess?
Have same problem . Never worked from new. Well published issue so ignored as not worth the hassle.