Replacement Transducer for Raymarine ST60

Iain C

Visit site
Over the winter, the depth sounder on my boat (2004 Bav32, Raymarine equipped) has stopped working, and I'm getting three dashes on the display unit. I've checked/cleaned the wiring, and checked the underside of the transducer when I dried out between tides to antifoul. I suspect the transducer is at fault, I've tried it afloat over a variety of surfaces and depths, no joy.

It looks like there are various options for a new one, including 3rd party items, and items with a removable "core" as per the log paddlewheel. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations of suitable transducers please? I'd be looking for something that is fast to fit and is an identical diameter to the existing RM version, as this will be a DIY job between tides, so very much needs to be an old one out, new one sikaflexed in process (as I have done previously with seacocks)

Thanks in advance!

PaulRainbow

Visit site
Over the winter, the depth sounder on my boat (2004 Bav32, Raymarine equipped) has stopped working, and I'm getting three dashes on the display unit. I've checked/cleaned the wiring, and checked the underside of the transducer when I dried out between tides to antifoul. I suspect the transducer is at fault, I've tried it afloat over a variety of surfaces and depths, no joy.

It looks like there are various options for a new one, including 3rd party items, and items with a removable "core" as per the log paddlewheel. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations of suitable transducers please? I'd be looking for something that is fast to fit and is an identical diameter to the existing RM version, as this will be a DIY job between tides, so very much needs to be an old one out, new one sikaflexed in process (as I have done previously with seacocks)

Thanks in advance!
I have a Raymarine (Airmar) on the for sale section. As a test you could wire it up and stick it to the inside of the hull with plasticine or sit it on a bag of water, if you don't want to rush between tides you can stick it to the inside of the hull with silicine ontil the next scheduled lift out.. It was connected to an ST60 display on my boat when i bought it 2 years ago, was working fine bit i changed everything to Garmin and took it out last week when we were on the hard for antifouling etc.

Visit site
I had a similar issue with my ST60 plus ,a series of dashes on the display, A local electronics expert checked it out and said the display head was faulty. He added that if the transducer was faulty the display would show the word LAST and the last depth recorded .It was sent back to Raymarine for possible repair. Their response was it beyond repair, and I would need a costly replacement. The so called irreparable unit was eventually returned to me because I was not prepared to pay for a replacement. before refitting I carefully cleaned all the tiny wires and the connectors on the unit, and they are tiny ,and the unit started working again This was 4 years ago, and the system is still working well. Apologies for a long explanation, but I suggest you very carefully do the same, it may well save you money ,