Radio Silence?

Spyro

Visit site
Is everyone in stealth mode today? I can only see the numbers so don't know whats happening. Only thing I can tell is that I'm being caught again by Morganna. I can't seem to shake him off. I think he will be past me by the time I get home. I set a TWA this morn and left it on that all day. Its a tough dercision. Go on starboard head west you get headed, go on port head south you get headed. Time to start thinking about the Doldrums.

fireball

Visit site
The wind is quite northerly where you are Neil, further west you go the more it comes from the east ....
Wind Speed difference - in the immeadiate vicinity there is little difference ....
As we go south the wind is veering

The fleet is very mixed atm between those going west and those going south ... IMHO, south is still the gaining gybe - but that doesn't take into account forcasted wind shifts ....

At current speed (around 20Kn) we'll enter the doldrums tomorrow ....

Dipper

Visit site
Ooo. You are 13th. I would try to get out of that position asap if I were you (up or down but don't hang around). /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Dipper

Visit site
You are currently heading 251 degrees and being headed slightly North. Lots of other boats are on a similar course and also plenty going South as well.

I can't do a screen capture.

Spyro

Visit site
Thanks Dipper. I thought that was what would be happening, Hopefully when I get onto the other tack It should start working for me.

fireball

Visit site
you've got about 120Nm till you're in danger of clipping one of the islands ... at 20Kn ..... plenty of time to get home and have a beer.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Dipper

Visit site
You're heading about 238 degrees and may hit land in 6 hours. Don't work too much overtime tonight.

Edit: You will be headed North past the islands.

Dipper

Visit site
I think you must be in the official Volvo Ocean Race game. We are in the Sailingonline Volvo race!

Confusing isn't it?

Maybe one of the VOR contestants will post a reply to you soon. I don't know where you are in the race. We are just passing through the Cape Verde islands.